why Jeff?

It's been a few days since that day. I'm getting released out of the hospital today. Toby came here every day after school to check on me and gave me notes and homework I've missed over the days. I want out of the hospital. I hate it here. Toby told me about Lrya. I wish it was me instead of her. Lrya had a better life compared to me.  I heard a knock at the door and I looked over at it. It was my nurse that's been taking care of me. "Good Afternoon, Miss. (L/N), how are you feeling?" "I-I'm doing well. T-thanks for asking." I put on my best fake smile and the nurse smiled. The nurse took the Iv out of my arm and i twitched. She unhooked me from all of the machines and I sighed. "I'm surprised your little friend didn't show up today...." "I-it's 2:15, he g-gets here a-around 2: 25. S-so, could I s-stay in here u-until he shows u-up...?" "of course...." The nurse walked out and I quickly threw on a green turtle neck and jeans and black combat boots. I heard a knock at the door and I looked at the time.  2: 20. He's early...

Toby walked in and smiled "h-hey (F/N). h-h-how are you?" "i-im good since im leaving this place t-today." Toby smiled. I jumped off of the bed and Toby and i walked out of the hospital. We started walking to his place since he said hes been lonely since that all happened. So I decided to go and hang out before heading home and getting ready for school tomorrow. 

-time skip because im lazy-

Toby asked if I was hungry and i said "hell yeah!" So he made some waffles and we ate then we headed to his room and played some Mario kart. It was fun. I cant remember having so much fun in my life. I cant even remember when i've smiled like that. A real smile with real laughter.

It was the rainbow road, the hardest track. I smirked at Toby. "r-ready to go down?" He chuckled and then twitched. "Y-youve said that 3 times n-now. W-when are you a-actually going to beat me?" "t-this race."The race began and Toby blew out. "d-damn..." That gave me an advantage. I  went and I was already in second place. I laughed. "L-looks like im winning!" He smirked and was in 4th place. I-I'm right b-behind you (F-F/n)!" You smiled, knowing that this was going to be an interesting race.

-time skip brought to you by the song Gasoline by Halsey-

 'this is so much fun! I wonder what time it is since i need to be home by 6...' "H-Hell yeah! I w-w-won again!" I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Toby yell that. "W-what happened (F/N)? You were w-w-winning and then you just stopped...." "o-oh i was just thinking....sorry t-t-toby....." "i-i-ts cool." He smiled. 'his smile is so cute' I thought. I looked at the time and gasped. 6:35PM?!' Oh god! I need to be home now! I'm going to be late on my nightly routine!' I thought. "T-toby ive had a blast but i need to go home now." "d-do you want me to walk you home so nothing happens t-t-to you?" "I-If its not too much t-trouble....." "t-trouble? nah. Y-Your safety is n-no trouble. I want to keep y-you safe, (F-F/n)...." Toby blushed slightly and so did I. You stood up and Toby shut off the game console. Toby and I walked downstairs and out of the house. me and toby talked about little things and anything under the sun. It mostly was about the Mario game. Before I knew it we were at my porch and i was sad to leave him alone but ill see him bright and early tomorrow. "B-bye toby. Thanks f-f-for walking me home. I-I really appreciate it. s-see you tomorrow for school!" I turned around to go into the house when toby grabbed my arm. "(F-f/n)! W-wait!" I turned around. Toby blushed and then hugged me. I blushed madly. He pulled away and covered his face with his hands. "b-bye (F/n). See y-you tomorrow!" He ran away and until he knew he was out of eyesight he uncovered his face and his face was blood red. I walked into my house and did my normal routine and by the time everything was done, it was 9:00 and i went to bed.