Chapter Twelve: Another Kiss & Past Problems

*EDITED*

Chapter Twelve: Another Kiss & Past Problems
Adeline P.O.V.

We got into the aquarium because Mason knows people and we spent around three hours in there before going to eat. We went to Bubba Gump and ate before heading to the beach near by. When we got to the beach all the boys went into the water and were throwing around a football.
"Hey wanna join us in the water?" Mason asked coming over to me.
"Um no," I said looking skeptically at the ocean.
"I'll keep you safe by my side," Mason said and picked me up. He then tossed me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.
"Mace! I know I'm a potato but doesn't mean you have to treat me like one," I said.

"Aww, you're not a potato, you're too pretty," Mason said and I started blushing.

"I think you need to get your eyes tested again," i said.
"I have and I wear contacts so there's no problem," Mace said.
"You have glasses, I wanna see you in them," I said and he placed me in the water which went up to my knee.
"Not that bad huh," Mason said smirking.
"It's fucking cold," I said.
"Come on," Mason said and lightly pushed me in the direction of my brothers'.
"Oh I see you finally joined us," Jack said.
"Shut up," I said and crossed my arms as they played water football or whatever it was. It was really funny because they couldn't move fast or far in the water and kept falling into the water.
"So it's just me and you now," Mason said standing in front of me now. My brothers saw some girls so they decided to go and flirt with them.

"Why didn't you go with them?" I asked.
"I have the prettiest, nicest, cheerful, happiest girl in front of me right now," Mason said and put his hands on my waist.
"No I'm not," I said looking down.
"Adeline, you are the best thing in this world. To me, Clark, James, Noah, Carter, Angie, and Sara."
"What about Ralfeal?"
"He is on his own and I bet if you get to know him better you will, like you did with James."
"How am I special to all of you?"

"For me, everyday I wake up and I can't wait to see you again. Clark has only been with us and you are making him more social and outgoing. James has secluded himself from the world, even the gang, but you he trust you in his own special way. Noah has been trusting more, Carter has been way happier since his parents died. The girls Angie and Sara, they absolutely adore you, they want to be like you in a good way," Mason said looking at me intently.
"I'm useless though," I said ashamed
"No you're not, remember the party where you were completely wasted. Well when you kissed me it was the best thing to happen to me for such a long time. I also wanted to protect you with my life and didn't like that you were drunk under my watch so that's why I stopped."
"Was it nice? The kiss?"
"To me yes, and you also seemed to enjoy it."

"Can we do it again, right now?"
"Umm...," Mason said and looked at my brothers'. "Sure."
I slipped my arms around his neck and brought my lips close to his and he then slammed his lips onto mine.
"Mmhmm," I moaned.
Mason gently rolled his tongue over my lip and I opened them a little to give him slight access, which he took full. It felt great, it just felt like this was meant to be, for me to like Mason. I pulled away I rested my forehead on Mason's
"So was it good?" Mason asked.

"Yes," I said breathlessly.
"OK," Mason said and put his lips back onto mine but a little rougher. This kiss felt more passionate than the last one we just had.
"That was really nice," I said smiling like a fool.
"I love you Addy," Mason said.
"I-I don't love you," I said. "But I do like you."

"It's ok, I didn't think you would love me anyways but it doesn't matter I'll wait anyways," Mason said and grabbed my hands.
"I'm getting really cold," I said shivering.
"Let's go back then," Mason said as we walked back.
"She was so into me," Jack was saying.
"Sure she was," Beckett said.
"Oh hi guys," Nolan said.
"Hi," I said.
"Where were you?" Oli asked.
"In the water, um.. I'm just going to go sit down," I said and sat down Mason sitting next to me.
"Why do you want to be alone?" Mace asked.
"I just wanna read I guess," I said and picked up my book.
"Uh, I'll be right back," Mace said and stood up. After a couple of minutes someone came and sat next to me.