Chapter Twenty-Two: Scarlett & The Ball

*EDITED*

Chapter Twenty-Two: Scarlett & The Ball

Adeline's p.o.v.

Scarlett Mason? Mason? Like Clark Mason? So Clark's dead little sister?

"You told me it was-!!!" Clark started shouting when Mason interrupted him

"I lied. I didn't want you to know I was dating your little sister," Mason said.

"Did you know about this?" Clark asked James.

"No clue I believed what he told us," James said.

"Take me to my house," Clark said.

"But Clark you ha-"Mason was saying.

"No Mason! I said take me to my house!!!" Clark shouted. The car ride was then silent. No music. No humming. No tapping. No nothing. Just the faint breathes of everyone. Once we got to our street and outside the house Clark got out and went into his house.

"Um... I'll just go now," I said and opened the door.

"Yeah I'll see you later," Mason said as I got out.

When I got into my house I waved at Jack and sat by him.

"What did you get?" Jack asked.

"Oh 6" pumps," I said.

"Can you even walk in those?" Jack asked laughing as Nolan and Oli walked in.

"I don't know," I said laughing also.

"So how was your day?" Oli asked.

"Interesting. Well i'm exhausted so I'm going to be in my room resting," I said and went up to my room. When I got in I saw Clark staring down at the road smoking a cigarette. I went over, slightly hesitant, and went onto my balcony.

"Hi," I said and stood at the railing.

"Hi Addy," Clark said not looking at me.

"So about what happened?" I asked.

"I don't know. Mason told us he lost his virginity to a random chick from our gang but I guess he was dating my sister and had sex with her. To make it worse that means he hurt her and had something to do with killing herself. Scarlett didn't even leave a letter. Just died," Clark said.

"I...really don't know what to say," I said honestly.

"It's ok. I'm just upset at Mason right now, I thought that we were best friends through that. I feel somewhat betrayed since he's my best friend and then he had sex with my sister. I don't know if you know what its like but it's kinda awkward and sad because you don't the same trust as before. Although, it mostly hurt because Scarlett meant so much to me no matter what happened, she was always there in though times," Clark said and stomped on the cigarette.

"Clark, don't hold onto that. I bet Mason's also slightly upset at everything," I said.

"Maybe, thanks Addy. I''ll see you at the ball," Clark said and went into his room.

I stayed outside for a couple more minutes enjoying the fresh air then went into my room, actually remembering to lock the door.

****1 WEEK LATER (THE DAY OF THE BALL)****

Clark and Mason and all the other gang had come over to my place over the week, but still Mason and Clark hadn't talked. I asked Mason about it but it seemed like he didn't want to talk about it at the moment so i left the subject opened when he felt ready. But for today I had gotten my dress, shoes, and clutch on my bed as I waited for Sara, Angie, and Kacey to get here.