Chapter Twenty-Three: Mason's Secret & Sara's Boyfriend

*EDITED*

Chapter Twenty-Three: Mason's Secret & Sara's Boyfriend

Adeline's p.o.v.

So I only slept for 2 1/2 hours before being awoken for school.

"Babe get up," Mason said pulling me to sit up.

"No!" I said like a defiant little child.

"Baby we have to go. Today is exam day," Mason said.

"Make me," I said and looked at him then bit my lip when a dark look came over his eyes. Mason then kissed me and lifted me up.

"There," Mason said and handed me joggers and a sweater.

"You suck I only got to sleep for 2 hours," I said.

"Too bad, lets go," Mason said and then sat on his bed as I got ready.

"Ok, since when was today exam day?" I asked knowing he was lieing.

"It never was, I just need to take you somewhere," Mason said.

"Wait you woke me up at 6 am for 'school' not to take me to school?" I asked.

"It's important Addy. We have to go before Clark gets there," Mason said.

"Fine," I said.

After a 30 minute drive we are at a cemetery. Cemetery?

"A cemetery?" I ask trying not to sound rude but do anyways.

"Today's a special but sad day," Mason said.

"Your parents?" I asked.

"No someone more special to me," Mason said. Scarlett?

"Is it......Scarlett?" I asked.

"Yeah," Mason basically whispered continuing to lead the way. We walked to her grave in silence. I mean really, there wasn't any reason to talk like 'hey how's your day mines ok.' When we got to a fairly empty part about 20 other tombs around in a 5 acre land. Mason sat down in front of a tomb and i followed suit.

Scarlett Mason

2001-2015

A Beloved Daughter and Sister

Will always remain in our hearts

Then Mason brushed a pile of leaves away to uncover small writing that said 'and girlfriend.'

"I'll tell you everything that happened," Mason said without looking at me.

"I don't want to pressu-," I was saying.

"No. I want to you're my girlfriend now anyways," Mason said.

"It started when I was in 8th grade and she was in 7th grade. She didn't look like Clark's little sister but instead a really pretty girl that I gotta see at school everyday. I knew I liked her beforehand but I brushed those feeling away. One day Clark invited me over so, obviously, I went but when I got there his parents weren't there it was only Scarlett. She told me that Clark just left for the corner store and allowed me in, still obviously. So I went to the kitchen with her and then I couldn't help but tell her I loved her. She was surprised but then Clark came before she told me if she felt the same. I then learnt more about Clark's out-of-school schedule to know when I could go over to be with Scar. We started dating but no one knew, ever. One day I went over and her parents came into her room and we were kissing but they accepted me and so we continued to date. I knew that she self-harmed but whenever we gotta spend lots of time together she didn't, I checked. One day I hadn't really been with her for a week or something and that's she week she cut too deep. Because of me. Shortly after my parents died, I lost who I thought was my only true love. But Addy I feel like a part of her is the same as you and I know you two would've been friends because you are so caring and considerate." Mason then started bawling his eyes out and I let him rest his head on my shoulder.