Capitolo Primo.

HERE WE ARE. BOOK FOUR IN THE SERIES! READY FOR ANOTHER JOURNEY WITH ME?

Orlando Bloom as the famous Colonel David James McKenna

~

Finally With You: Capitolo Primo

I had known from the start that this was a bad plan. I was already anticipating and predicting the future events because I knew many things would happen. Me being the Brigadier General of Fort Hamilton, I had to be smart and on top of things when it came to enemies, which I was. I was the only one in the base capable of breaking the enemies' plan before it happened. Something about a sixth sense but I outwitted the people I was up against. I was very useful when it came to creating plans that would trump theirs.

"Dad, what's wrong?" Micah peered into my face when I paused a second. I had this feeling, this very bad feeling that we were about to walk into a trap.  "I just don't trust this situation." I clutched the gun in my holster, taking in my surroundings. "It looks too easy." I had the sensation that eyes were on us. People knew we were here. "Now I'm not sure if this was planned and they knew beforehand," I sighed, running a hand through my hair as Ramone came to stand by me, his tall stature making my 5'11 height inferior to him. "But it feels like they know we're coming." I sighed and he nodded down to me. I still didn't understand how Micah was with him but I didn't care. At least it was someone better than that Nathaniel Dragomore. "We have to be practical about this." I made eye contact with everyone, staring intensely. "This is a trap. We're walking into an ambush." I had gathered that information when I scaled the area, surprised by the lack of guards outside of the base station and even more surprised when my scanner didn't detect any set alarms. Mafia heads are paranoid when it comes to security. They're going to want to protect everything they have, which sets of a red flag in my mind.

"I kind of figured that." Ramone looked down at me as he pointed all around. "There's no one outside at this time of night." He sighed. "Something tells me we won't get out this unharmed." I stated and he nodded in agreement. At this point in my life, I honestly didn't care whether or not I would die. I had accomplished everything I needed to. I had no one by my side because my wife was killed. It took me a while to come to that realization and all that was left was a stinging pain in my heart that could never be cured. I was content, alone as I am. 

I had nothing to live for but my job and my sons. I had no qualm for happiness nor did I want or need it. There was nothing like that in my life anymore so I took what I could get. After my beautiful Xiomara was murdered by Nathaniel Dragomore, I fell into a state of depression and I fell even harder when I was told that my son was in the hands of the famous kingpin in all of Manhattan, Ramone Vega. What was I to do with that knowledge? I thought he was dead already because no one lives to tell that tale but when Micah came to our house with a big smile on his face and this aura of happiness around him, I knew my son had fallen in love with a crime lord.

At first, I was happy because he finally found someone better than that piece of shit called Nathaniel Dragomore and that he was smiling more than usual. Then, I was envious because I had just lost my wife, the one person I thought I would grow old with. It was as if a part of me died too. I had nothing and it felt as if my son was being taken away from me. I was distraught and I wanted to cry every single night but something told me to wait just a little longer. Don't know what it was or why I listened, but I'm waiting for something.

"But we have to save Raymundo," Derek pleaded with me, his eyes glazing over with tears as I gazed at his pregnant belly. "Or that man will kill him like he said he would." I nodded in understanding, not sure of who he was talking about. He ran the name by me so many times but I wasn't too concerned with the name of the person I was going to kill but rather, the nature of him. I had never met this person in my life and I was a little wary of how much I didn't know about him. I had figured that his daughter wasn't his weakness, for starters. You would think that your child would be your first priority but not in this crime lord's case. His weakness just happens to be his father. Out of all things, why his father? I had the slightest inkling why.