Capitolo Dieci.

Jessica Alba as Jaid Highshaw

~

Finally With You: Capitolo Dieci

I still can't get the look of anger out of my mind. The way he looked at me, so cold, it actually hurt. It was as if a chilly feeling ran through every single vein in my body, shaking me to my very core. His eyes mirrored everything he felt and at that moment, I knew it was hatred flicking in those hazel orbs of his. What did I do wrong? All I know is that I didn't want him to look at me like that again; like he hated me.

"What are you thinking about so hard over there, my friend?" I snapped my head up to see long brown hair in front of me. "Something on your mind?" I heard a teasing voice and I looked into the eyes of my close friend. "Nothing, Holly." I retracted my eyes away from hers, a blush coming onto my cheeks. She didn't know much about my situation and I wasn't too sure of what she would think. "You might as well spill it. I know you better than you think, David James McKenna." She retorted with her hand on her hip as she sat at the table in front of me.

I narrowed my eyes at her, my heart thumping as she raised an eyebrow, obviously waiting. "Fine." I sighed, defeated. "There's this guy..." I began my long rant about Isaiah, excluding his name and his job description but doing well to explain every single thing he has done to me. This was partial payback for all of the times she came to me about her sexcapades.

"Well..." She smirked. "I guess you're bisexual." I stared at her blankly, having guessed that idea along the way. "I mean, I don't see the problem with it. You like him and he likes you." She stated casually like it was some schoolgirl crush that could be defined in simplest terms. "I don't like him." I muttered nonchalantly. "Everyone else in the room can see it." She shrugged. "If you didn't feel some attraction to this person, why else would you be so worried about what they think of you?" Holly bit her lip.

It was hard to admit it, but she was right. The same feeling I felt for Xiomara some years ago was back and it was even stronger than ever. I wasn't even too sure if I could withstand the strength of this feeling. "Who is the person anyway? I've never seen you this rattled in all of your life. You're normally calm and composed." Holly inquired and I looked down. I had no idea why I was so afraid to speak his name out into the open when everyone in the world knew of Isaiah Carlton. It was the norm for everyone to hear of him and be deeply afraid and scarred for life, but it was as if somehow I was afraid it would tarnish his name even more. Or was I trying to protect him from that woman? I didn't really know anymore. 

"His name is Isaiah..." I whispered and I looked down at the ground. I took a peek at her face and it was stoic, her eyes dark with hate as she clenched her fist. "Ah, nice." She put on her military hat. "I got to go. I'll catch you later." And with that, Holly Beckman was gone with the wind, traces of animosity following her. I just stared after her as she walked out of my office, confusion etched on my features.

Clearly, she couldn't be what I was thinking of, right?

I would hope so.

"Hey." A face came into view and all confusion was wiped off as I saluted the man in charge. "Good morning, sir." I nodded to him and he let out a small smile. "Good morning to you too." General Andre perched himself on the side of my desk, looking down at me. I eyed him warily, still cautious about the fact that he had an estranged son who just happens to be the head of Sicilian mafia. "Today is a workday because everyone has worked so hard and we all deserve a little break." He grinned, his features turning over childishly. "Any questions for me?" He shrugged. "I have a little free time."