Capitolo Tre.

{JUST TO CLARIFY, WE ARE IN PRESENT TIME NOW}

Zoe Saldana as Holly Beckman

~

Finally With You: Capitolo Tre

"You need to eat something, David." I rolled my eyes in annoyance as I stared out of the window of the restaurant I was in. "You look like death." Holly stated and I looked at her blankly. "Well, I guess it's a new look." I muttered plainly while pushing around the various meats on my plate, not in the mood to eat. "Eat it." She narrowed her eyes sternly and I groaned. "Adriana made it especially perfect for you." I controlled the urge to fall out of my chair and remained calm and collected while lifting a piece of beef to my lips.

"It's good." I stated blankly once again. I couldn't really taste it because the only thing on my mind was my son. There hadn't been any news report stating that he had been murdered by Ramone Vega so it was a little stray of hope I had. Nothing tasted the same. It all tasted like ash and death to me. I had no use for anything and the only thing keeping me going every day was my job. I missed Micah and every day that went by, a part of me died. I still remember the day detective Derek Morgan showed up on my doorstep, telling me that Micah hatched a plan to go after one of the dangerous men alive because he thought he was his mother's killer.

Even I don't believe that.

"You need to eat so you can take your meds." A voice above me spoke and I turned to look at my other friend Daniela as she came out, holding my antidepressants. "Don't make me get your mother on you." She raised an eyebrow and I let out another long sigh. "...fine." I only gave in because although she was a 63-year-old woman, Nikeeta McKenna wasn't the woman I wanted to test. "They're still looking for him, David." Daniela placed the pills on my table. "Don't lose hope." She patted my shoulder and I nodded, not believing it. It had been months since he went missing and I haven't heard a word since. Derek and Maddy aren't that worried because somehow in their bond, they don't feel a tinge of death.

But for me, I do. My wife died three years ago and I still haven't got over it. She was my first love and probably, my only love. She was a constant reminder even in my granddaughter Xiomara. I had to look at her every day and tell her that her father was okay and he would be coming back soon, knowing that that was a stone cold lie. I had no idea where Micah was and it killed me every day because I needed my son. I didn't need the most important people in my life gone because eventually, I would waste away to nothing.

"Where's Derek?" I muttered softly, trying to dispel the pain of my broken heart. "Oh, I don't know. Some guy came here earlier asking for him and now he's gone." Internal panic ran through me and I closed my eyes. I hoped that it didn't mean what I thought because I don't think I could handle it. I had to remain calm and collected because it was in my persona. It was hard to when all you wanted to do was cry. My wife was gone and there wasn't a thing I could do about it. I couldn't even see her body because it was so mangled up like someone really wanted her dead for some reason and now the same was happening to my child. 

"Can you box this up for me and have Holly bring it to me at work?" I sighed, standing up and putting on my hat. "My shift starts now." I whispered. "Sure," Holly stated. "Anything for you." She saluted and I managed a small smile.

* * *

"Is something wrong, sir?" I tilted my head in a polite way, wondering why he was staring at me so intensely. "Oh, sorry." General Carlton waved a hand at me. "It's just that your locket, the one around your neck looks really familiar." I unconsciously wrapped a hand around it and looked up at him with a confused expression. "You've seen it before, general?" I furrowed my eyebrows and he stood in front of me, narrowing his eyes. "I have, just don't remember where." He rubbed the side of his head like he was thinking and he sighed. "It looks like the same one my wife had before she died." He muttered softly and I nodded in understanding.