Capitolo Ventidue.

Ryan Newman as Maddy Leblanc

~

Finally With You: Capitolo Ventidue

Except it was not an actual body.

"Uh, Boss Man," Sergey rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he stood outside of the morgue, the look of fear etched in his eyes. What was wrong with him? "Che cosa? What are you talking about?" Isaiah tilted his head skeptically as he tried to peer his head around the large man in the middle of the doorway. "Let us in, Sergey." Isaiah demanded. "We have to figure out what's going to happen next."

Sergey looked down at the ground and I analyzed his movements. He was acting skittish, like he was afraid to say the wrong thing to Isaiah. "Everything alright?" I inquired with a raise of my brow, watching his every move. He seemed like he was hiding something almost. What could be more secretive than for us to see the body that this murderer unleashed for us?

I could hear people moving around inside the small room of the morgue and I tilted my head, trying to understand why we were still standing outside instead of in the room, looking for clues and details on who to pinpoint as the killer. 

"I-I can't!" Sergey sputtered out, his cheeks staining red as his pupils dilated. "Why the hell not?" Isaiah was much as angry as he was confused. "Just move, ahora!" He pushed past Sergey and busted into the room, stopping short and I bumped my nose into his hard back with a sharp cry. "Isaiah, the fuck?" I sputtered, covering my hurt nose as I started to ponder why he stopped so abruptly.

Everyone in the room, Mason, Jesse and Sergey all looked around at each other like they were waiting for Isaiah to snap and judging by the tense build of his shoulders, it was soon to come. I didn't understand why until I looked around Isaiah's tall stature and saw what had everyone scared and in shock. My eyes widened at what I saw laying on the table.

How could someone do this?

I gasped and covered my mouth, placing a hand on Isaiah's shoulders as I grimaced at what I saw, the cruelty. The person who did this obviously had the hard set rage, the intended vendetta against Isaiah to go this far. It shocked me, what I laid my eyes upon.

It was the body, -no, the corpse of his late mother, Cassandra Carlton.

"W-What?" Isaiah narrowed his eyes, his voice shaking and I could sense his calm aura diminishing to a sad yet angry atmosphere around his body. His hands clenched into fists as his lips quivered uncontrollably. Someone had the nerve, the audacity, the unmitigated gall to dig up her body and use her connection with Isaiah as leverage? I couldn't believe that. "The fucking hell?" Mason sighed as he rubbed his face, trying to come up with a solution.

 "Capo," Jesse sighed as he turned to look at Isaiah, who was still shocked by the rotten bones that still resembled his mother. His eyes squinted and narrowed back and forth respectively as he was trying to find words to say but only air stumbled past his lips. I could see the many thoughts running through his eyes and my stomach dropped.

How could someone do this? This was the most painful thing to do to someone, use the one person they worshiped their whole lives against them?

"They wrote a note," Sergey cleared his throat as he swallowed a knot in his throat. "Says, how do you like it when I use someone you love as an example? Quite wise that you learn not to take from me again." He finished and I narrowed my eyes. This person was obviously using Cassandra Carlton, someone who has been dead for 22 years, against her son for what purpose?

"What could you have possibly taken from this woman?" I murmured to myself as Isaiah's body began to shake under my touch. He was angry, that was true, but he was also in pain. Seeing this, opened up wounds that were just beginning to heal. "I'm sorry, capo." Jesse looked at Isaiah with sincerity in his eyes but it wasn't registering within Isaiah.