Capitolo Quattordici.

Dylan O'Brien as Micah McKenna

~

Finally With You: Capitolo Quattordici

"Sir, you can't-"

I ignored the lady standing behind the reception desk, trying to get my attention as I stormed through the lobby of Carlton Corp. My blood was boiling with a passion and all I saw was red as I marched my ass right onto the elevator. The lady from the reception desk was making calls, probably to security, but who was I to give a damn?

My blood was boiling and I had to pause for a second to wonder if I was overreacting. "No, I'm not," I muttered to myself. "I have every right to be upset." I snarled to myself as I pressed the 11th-floor button, looking out the glass walls as I surfed up. I could feel my chest beginning to heave heavily. It wasn't the fact that he lied to me casually, no. It was the fact he actually made me believe that my son was in danger. I don't like that feeling. I don't need to be reminded of the time that I thought he was dead because he decided to go after a mafia hitman.

I didn't need that feeling to be hung over my head.

I could see the glass tinting up with the hue of my fast-paced breaths from my nose and my leg began to shake erratically. I was seething internally and I knew the people on the elevator car with me could feel the fire burning within me. All I saw was red as the elevator stopped on the designated floor and I marched towards the place I knew he would be. My teeth were grinding against one another as people from this team looked at me like they have never seen me before.

Obviously.

I turned the corridor that would eventually lead me to the conference room that he was currently giving a presentation to about 75 men and women from many different firms. As I neared the door, I hissed, hearing his voice coming from the other side. "A secondary issue is the need for more property management. We could use this product to expand overseas to Europe, which would increase sales and numbers." His dark and deep baritone voice smoothed throughout my ears, the hint of that Italian spice laced within it.

That was too bad he was directing a meeting. I grabbed onto the doorknob and swung the door open as ferociously as my body demanded, watching as it slammed against the wall like a large rock. All 75 eyes turned to me, wide open with mouths dropped as I stormed in, my eye on my prey. "Aye, James! You're okay!" Isaiah smirked like he had something to be proud of but there was fire in his eyes and I knew he was angry about me not responding but I didn't care.

"You got some nerve, Isaiah!" I growled, stomping over to him. "Who is he?" "Is he a friend of the CEO's?" "What is he doing here?" I heard the various murmurs of the crowd, wondering what I was doing, interrupting their important meeting, but that didn't stop me from grabbing onto Isaiah's earlobe. "Ow!" He hissed, trying to bat my hand away but I pulled on it, making him follow me out of the room. I was angry, that was it. I ignored Adriana's advice and I busted open the door to his office, throwing him inside.

"Cos'hai che non va?!" He grunted, exasperated as he rubbed onto his ear. "What's the matter with you, James?!" He sighed, standing to his tall stature and I unleashed my inner anger on him, setting my eyes straight at him.

"You have one god damn minute, Isaiah Carlton, to tell me why the hell you lied to me about my son being tailed by one of your dumb ass fucking men." I said as calmly as I could, trying not to think of ways I could get away with a murder. Isaiah stood in front of me, his cheeks flushing a small pink as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. Although my back was hurting so much and I found it hard to stand, I did it anyway.

"Non volevo che tu trovi una ragione per fuggire." He muttered, taking a deep breath as he flashed those hazel on my own. "Come again?" I snapped through clenched teeth, narrowing my eyes at him. "I uh, didn't want you to find some reason to escape." He put his head low and I was questioning myself. "I figured that if I had some leverage over you, I could use that to win your heart. It was crazy, mio caro, e mi dispiace, but I didn't want you to leave." Isaiah confessed, running a hand through that perfect hair of his and suddenly, my fury dissipated.