Capitolo Sedici.

Jamie Campbell Bower as Derek Giordano

~

Finally With You: Capitolo Sedici

"How's Raymundo?" I questioned softly into the phone. "He feels better, for sure." Derek said, his voice full of love and happiness towards his significant other. "He wanted me to tell you not to worry about how Isaiah treated him." Derek's voice turned sour and my ears perked up. "What do you mean, Derek?" I questioned. "Didn't Isaiah intentionally kidnap him?" I heard a sigh from the other end. "It seems that way but he might have been forced. I don't know, dad. Ray won't tell me." Derek explained and I narrowed my eyes.

What would someone, preferably the head of La Cosa Nostra, the CEO of Carlton Corp, the person who has everything at his fingertips, someone who could obliterate the entire world at the snap of his fingers, want with someone like Raymundo Vega?

"I understand." I replied, wondering about this situation myself. "Why was it that he was kidnapped again?" I clicked my tongue, sighing. "Isaiah's daughter Karina had something against him." Derek spat out mirthfully and I let out a breath. "Ah, his daughter." She had to be the one standing there that night with her long black hair and her striking blue eyes. Odd, but she didn't have any resemblance to Isaiah whatsoever.

"I'll look into it." I finished that conversation. "Have you talked to Micah?" He brought up and I rolled my eyes, feeling like an interrogated child. "No." I answered truthfully. "He hasn't called me and I haven't called him. I'm not one for games in this family, but I'd appreciate respect." I began, feeling sorts of emotions. "I didn't like the way he contorted my wife in the context that she wouldn't like what I was doing now. I found something in Isaiah and I intend to find out what it is." I shook my head, chuckling to myself as I held the phone to my ear.

"I didn't like he made me to believe that she wouldn't like the fact that I was with Isaiah. I knew her and she wasn't the type to have someone be sad and wallow over her. She'd want me to move on." I finished.

"As do I." Derek said into the phone before telling me that he would call me soon. "I love you, son." I closed my eyes. "I love you too."

And that was that.

"I can't let that get me down." I woke myself up a bit by shaking my head, pulling up to the computer. I had to figure out who was behind the killings of the hitmen involved in the military. So far we knew it was a woman, but just not who. She had to be in her late thirties to have access to the military weapons because cadets under 35 were only issued weapons by a higher up. This woman was someone with a high rank, for sure.

Holly was a brigadier general. But what would the motive be?

They obviously want to take down Isaiah by using his men that were also in the military. It's someone who's smart, someone that I know, someone who works the night shift on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays because those were days they killed. She was someone who Andre Carlton trusted.

She was giving us clues by leaving two letters of her name, first and last.

"What'cha up to, David?" A cheery voice of a woman came through the room and I snapped my head up to see Jaid Highshaw standing there. "I'd thought you would be gone since it's Wednesday." She muttered, sauntering into the room. "Where is Isaiah?" She questioned, throwing her long black hair over her shoulders, her perfume filling the air around me. "He's out with Jesse, completing a mission."

She let out a laugh, turning her back away from me and walking away but something caught my eye. The tattoo of a former sigil on the inside of her wrist, one that mirrored mine. I looked down at mine and back at hers, wondering just how she obtained that.