Capitolo Ventuno.

Bailee Madison as Xiomara McKenna

~

Finally With You: Capitolo Ventuno

"Why do you look so sad? I know that it's not because of me right now."

I jerked my head up to the doorway, surprised to see my son standing there looking apologetically. "Mason uh let me in." He entered my office warily. "Something about you being closed off. He said something happened between you and boss man?" He raised a brow and the invisible strings inside my body tugged at my heart. 

"Yeah, no." I whispered out. It was no surprise that Mason Ryder was my best friend when it came to Isaiah's hit men. He knew me inside and out, like the back of his hand and in short time, I managed to figure him out too. It was no surprise that he knew what I was feeling right now. "Where is he?" I asked out, my throat feeling sore from something.

"Oh, he went out with his girlfriend." Micah shut the door. "A girl named Adriana?" I nodded in response. "Ah yes, Adriana Carlucci." I muttered absentmindedly. They looked so happy when they first met and somehow in some way, I feel a bit envious. 

It had been 8 hours and 23 minutes since I last saw Isaiah and with each passing second. the void I felt, grew.

"Dad, what's wrong? I know it's not because of me right now." Micah peered into my face, walking closer to me. "Did something happen between you and Isaiah?" He murmured and I let out a long sigh. "Who knows?" I muttered pitifully before turning to him, all emotion void. "What did you come here for?" I inquired, knowing that this was a dangerous place he was coming to. "I just," He stopped himself short and I raised a brow. 

"Dad, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry and that I didn't mean anything I said to you that day." Micah began, a pained look in his eyes and I nodded. "It's just so hard to see you happy with someone else that is not Mom," He said as he sighed. "But I'm willing to put that aside if he makes you smile, if he makes you feel like you're the only one on Earth, if he makes my father feel cherished and loved like the great man that he is, I'm willing to accept Isaiah as a new member of the family." Micah grabbed my hand, nothing but sincerity etched on his face and that would have made me smile, had it not have been taken from me.

"Yeah, well," I gritted my teeth, shutting my eyes close. "I've lost someone who wasn't even mine." It pained me to say that because with every fiber, every microscopic cell in me, I knew that I wanted Isaiah Carlton to be mine and only mine. I wanted his feelings to become mine, his burdens to become mine, his heart to become mine.

I was so close but it ripped out from under me. 

"What do you mean?" Micah narrowed his eyes as he took in my stained red eyes, my sniffling figure, and the general dead look I had on my face. "I didn't mean anything by that." I stated monotonously and he analyzed me.

I was hurt, upset, in pain, but most of all, I was livid. 

Because how dare he get angry at me for getting the one person in his life that mattered most him, back to him? I didn't give a damn about self -perseverance when I knew that Izara was the one person he wanted by his side. I could see it in his eyes. So yes, if it meant that Isaiah would be happy that she was home, I didn't give a damn if I got hurt. 

I devoted so much to him in so little time and I knew it wasn't bound to last forever. It was the constant feeling of happiness wherever he was and I always desired to be near him because I thought I found something in him that I could cherish.

Did I lie to myself?

I heard a sigh before I snapped my head back to reality. "Don't worry, dad." Micah clenched his fists. "I'll handle it." He got up and stormed out of the room, leaving me with my darkened thoughts. I didn't know what he meant, nor did I care, because at this second, I had things to do. I couldn't let Isaiah and his mixed emotions bring me down. I told myself from day one to have a rein over my heart because I knew if Isaiah let it go, who knew who I would become?