Chapter 1: Mystery Man

It's been 3 days after I received that mysterious phone call from an unknown person.

Oh. And ever since, my brother and I are sleeping on the same room now. Either we sleep on my room or his.

I would also receive text messages from the same number who called me.

I'm here on the rooftop, browsing the messages he had sent me. Trying to figure out what he means.

You can never trust anyone around you.

It's for your own safety.

Stay away from people you feel uncomfortable with.

Don't tell anyone about me.

I really couldn't figure it out.

I tried asking brother if he ever bought a new number but, unfortunately, no.

I received another message from him.

"Be careful . You're alone. Try to be attentive and alert at all times."

He knows where I am?

"Where are you?" I texted him.

"You should always observe your surroundings"

What a reply.. Tsk.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" I texted.

"You don't have to know who I am. All you have to know is that I love you and that I want to protect you."

What?!

★★★★★★★★★★

"Oi. Kuu! Were you listening to me?" Oh I forgot. I'm with Midori.

"Sorry Zuu.. I was only texting her."

"How come you already have a girl and I don't?" He complained.

"It's not like she acknowledges the title of 'my girl'. She doesn't even know I'm the one texting her."

"So you want to stay a mystery to her?"

"Nope. I guess I'll have to tell her someday. But not any of these days."

"Tsk. Just help me out here. Help me how to get my girl, 'kay?"

"I'm not really good in those kinds of things, you should ask my brother." I said and smiled then opened my book to where the bookmark is.

"Tsk. I don't do well when in front of your brother."

"You've got to be kidding me." I said and let out a short laugh.

Midori is my bestfriend. We call each other by nicknames. I call him Zuu and he calls me Kuu.

Don't ask where we got those names.

Midori is a kind and gentle man. But when in front of other people, he can't express his real self. In result, he is often thought of a rebel. But he's not. He's the complete opposite of what others think of him.

"Anyway, I need to get in class now. It's almost time."

He's in regular class. He refused to be one of the Elite students.

"Okay. Take care", I said and watched him leave.

★★★★★★★★★★

"Len, talk to me~", Ren kept poking my side.

I really feel irritated now. I want to scold him but that would be out of my character.

"Please stop poking me. Find someone else to disturb", I said in an irritated manner.

"But Sugarplum has to attend classes (  ~ω~)" he said and pouted.

Tsk. Why does he keep calling Inori other names. It pisses me off.

Sometimes, I can't really understand him at all.

"Is that supposed to be my fault? I don't think so."

"You're really cold today, Len.. (~ω~) "

"Ren, I'm reading a book. Please."

"But you always read books. You're no fun (  ~ω~) "

I was about to snap when Zack entered our room.

"I'm really interested in this", he said while holding a flyer. Zack is our classmate. He's Ren's closest friend.

Zack is the rebel one. But he always have a soft spot for women.

"What's that Zacky? (",) ", Ren said. Zack might have caught his interest.

"I saw this on the bulletin board. It says here that someone is looking for her mystery man", upon hearing what he said, I suddenly froze.

Mystery man?

"Who posted it?" I said out of nowhere.

"There's no really name here. But it did say that whoever is that man, she/he wants to meet him later after class at the abandoned building", Zack answered.

"Abandoned building? Is that the one in the forest? That super old building? Isn't it dangerous for someone to be there, alone?" Ren asked.

It IS dangerous, Ren! Tsk. Why in that abandoned building? What is she thinking? Tsk.

★★★★★★★★★★

I'm on my way to the abandoned building.

I'm eager to know who is this mysterious man who keeps on texting me.

I received scratches on my way here. I had to go past those thorny bushes. Whoever that man is, he's better worth it or else! I'm gonna kick him off a cliff!

*

Minutes of waiting past. I know I'm too early here. What can I do? My class finished earlier than scheduled.

I'm here, sitting on this old chair. All I hear is the branches and leaves swaying.

This is a nice place to read. I might reconsider this place.

I remembered I had to tell my brother that I might be late.

'Gonna be late. Sorry. Had to run an errand' I sent him.

*

Moments passed and still no one. It's already passed dismissal time.

Suddenly, the atmosphere changed.

I felt that someone was watching me from a distance.

The wind became wilder than before.

I decided to come up stairs to at least ease off the feeling. But it was a wrong idea.

After reaching the top, I saw a man. No.. It wasn't a man.. He's wearing a large coat covering his whole body.. But his eyes... His eyes were like a tiger's..

He raised his arm and sharp claws appeared. It's as if he wants to tear me apart and eat me!

I got scared. I decided to run downstairs. I know it might be useless, but it's my only way out!

I ran, but before I even reached the bottom, he jumped on me, causing for both of us to fall.

Him on my top with claws locked on the floor.

Now, I regret going to this place.

I thought it was the end for me.I closed my eyes as I wait for my end.

Then someone attacked from the side removing that man on me.

I opened my eyes to see who it was...  

______________________