Opening Scene

"You took everything I ever loved away from me! You did this to me!" My voice screamed at the sky. The gun in my hand and prayers and in my heart, I prepared. The cold rail reminding me that i'm still alive, not like them, not like him. The water beneath wavered and flowed, this a clear sign life did not need me. I'm always so good at procrastinating; here I sit with tears burning my eyes and the gun in my hand. Do it. End it now and save yourself, the words play in my head. So I do. The cool metal of the gun, against the side of my head, my hand quivering.
"Why does it have to be this way? Why are they gone? Why couldn't you just let them live?!" I cried out, the tears overflowing. I was scared to die, pathetic me, but I miss them truly. Madly. Deeply. Before I could react, I felt the gun being ripped from my grasp as my body fell to the pavement, an arm holding me. I cried, looking at the water. The gun, in the air one second, the next splashing into the water beneath.
"Who do you think you are?! You should've let me die! I want to die! I hate you!" I say my frail fists merely hitting this person's chest.
"You don't want to die, you just need somebody. You said it yourself, you need someone, and I don't think I should leave you alone for the time being." Their voice spoke. Deep tone, and sounding wise. Who was I to disagree, when someone knew me better than I knew me.