2.8

Work had been so slow this week, it was usually slow but it'd been extra slow in particularly. This gave me the advantage to goof around and be silly sometimes. I'd dance around sometimes, or just mouth along to the radio playing through the speakers.

"Didn't know you liked Michael Buble all that much," I heard his voice say from behind me. My face instantly burned with embarrassment.

"What're ya doing here you arse?" I said hugging him, his cologne coming off strong.

"Thought I'd come visit ya, Hugh invited us out for dinner with the rest of the cast." He said giving me a kiss.

"Tonight?" I asked, he nodded. What would I wear to a dinner with famous people?

"Everything alright?" James said breaking me out of my thoughts

"Oh yeah, dandy, what time we going?" I asked, he looked at me knowing something probably wasn't right but I didn't want him worrying so I smiled through that.

After a mild stare down between each other he finally told me where and what time this dinner was gonna be. I'd bought some new clothes online, with that some dresses were in the mix. When work ended I went home and started getting ready as best as I could. These people all knew each other so well, maybe Nick'd be there so  I wouldn't feel so alone. 

The colours were dark but the night was cold, I opted for warmth instead of beauty. Spraying a small amount of expensive perfume - that James'd gotten me after shooting on set one day - I looked at myself in the mirror trying to give myself a pep talk.

"You look fine, he loves you. You look fine," I continued saying to myself.

"You look more than just fine. I would've gotten with stunning." James' voice once again interrupted.

"I love ya, you knobhead." I said with a giggle as we stared at our reflections for a second before heading out.

The car ride was mainly filled with bad singing and hand holding. The night has apparently seemed to get colder as the hours grew. Clinging on to my coat, tighter than before, we headed into Hugh's home. Lucky man can afford a home in the U.K. and down under in Australia, must be nice. His wife answered the door and we were welcomed into a heated place, which allowed me to remove my thick coat. Everyone welcomed us, I saw Nick's familiar face and walked over to him. 

"Nick!" I said with a smile as we hugged.

"I missed ya, how've you been Bunny?" He asked while we pulled away from each other. I shrugged not really certain of what to say.

"Bunny, c'mon let's go get ready for dinner. Hey mate," James said taking notice of him too.

"Hey James, how's the hair mate?" Nick said jokingly causing me to giggle. I felt James' hand wrap itself around my waist.

"It's looking good, anymore blue fur in the ears?"James said with an edge to his tone, I stayed quiet.

"James! Nick!" We turned to see Michael, there were stitches on his cheek and a girl by his side. She had really curly hair, I wondered if that was Valentina.

"How's it healing?" James mumbled to Michael.

"It's getting there, this is Valentina by the way. Valentina, my friends." He said as she shook our hands.

"Hi, I'm Bunny." I said shaking her hand.

"Bunny? Like the animal? Cute, you can call me Val if you want." She said shaking my hand with a warm smile on her face. Her accent was definitely American, she was an outcast like me, that felt nice.

James

"You guys, food's ready to go!" Hugh yelled from the kitchen. We all went to pick our seats; Bunny sat next to me but also next to Valentina. I wasn't quite sure if Michael was going to be able to get her back after what he did but after the beating he took for I knew my friend was changing. However Nick was getting too close to Bunny for my liking.

"This looks amazing, Did you remember to wash your claws?" I said causing everyone to laugh.

"Read my mind and find out Charles,"  he replied mockingly making me laugh.

We ate dinner and talked about our weeks after filming; mid-way through the meal the old cast showed up. Which lead to games, bad jokes, and discussions about experiences. Valentina was talking to Bunny, but I noticed Nick was with them. I shouldn't be jealous of my best mate but I couldn't help it. Bunny caught sight of me looking and came my way.

"Everything alright?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah, how's the socializing for ya?" I asked with a funny voice, making her smile.

"It's fun, but I know you're jealous of Nicky over there. I love you though, you make me happy James. Nick is just you're mate and my friend," she said giving me a kiss.

"Well, if you give me another kiss I might believe you," I said making her laugh again but she kissed me nonetheless.