1.5

Unfortunately work came along, and I had to go back. However, James did promise to come visit me. He never said when but I knew he would, as soon as I got in I was greeted by Rachelle, an older lady who also worked here, she was the manager.

"Hello love, how was your break?" She said as I put my things away in the break room.

"Oh, it was lovely, thank you." I said quietly as I put on my glasses and name tag.

"That's great, it's been kind of a slow day so you can just fix the shelves if you want." She says, I nod and get to work. With fixing the shelves, the fun part comes along; I look for old worn out books and get rid of them, making them mine and then readjusting the positioning and placement of the other books. It was very fun work.

"Sorry could you tell me where the Shakespeare books are? I'm feeling very poetic," I heard a familiar scottish accent say. I hit my head in the process of seeing James.

"Ow, you knob. I hit my head, anyways hey love." I said hugging him, he laughed but nonetheless hugged back.

"Hey beautiful, sorry making you hit your head." He said kissing the spot where I'd hit my head against the shelf.

"It's better now, anyways you should've texted me before you came here." I said getting back to work.

"I know, I know but it was more fun this way." He said crouching besides me.

"So, where are the Shakespeare books? I really do want to buy one," he said. I sighed fixing my glasses as I examined the store briefly.

"Far left near the corner, that way. You can't miss them," I said pointing to their location. He nodded, thanking me before going over there. He was such a dork at times, but an adorable dork at that. I could hear him whisper read Macbeth, and then I saw Rachelle coming towards me.

"I heard you talking to him earlier, so I'm guessing...boyfriend?" She asked, I nodded hoping I wasn't in trouble.

"Well as much as Macbeth is great, could you tell him to read a bit more quietly?" She asked, I nodded walking over to where he was.

"James, great read but everyone can here you honey. My manager said to ask you to quiet it down please." I said with a bit of a laugh, he nodded looking a bit embarrassed but nonetheless quieted down.

"Hey when's your break?" He asked me, I looked at my watch it read 11:43.

"In about an hour, why?" I said looking at him as he pulled me in for a hug.

"Let's go get lunch in an hour then?" He whispered in my ear, I nodded finding myself eager at the idea.

Intermission: Lunch 

James took me to a lovely cafe near the bookstore, it was quiet seeing as it was a week day and everyone was either at work or in school. The only people there were college students and elderly couples. Now James being the way he is asked me what I wanted and then told me to choose a table. As I walked to the table by a corner window, a college boy came and sat next to me.

"Hi, I'm Daniel. What's your name?" He said offering me a handshake.

"Hi Daniel, I'm Bunny." I said, he looked confused for a second but continued anyways. I sure did hope that James didn't take that long as I was starting to feel uncomfortable.

"So yeah, I'm gonna be a biochemist, what about you?" He asked, I didn't know exactly how to answer.

"I uhh...work at the bookstore, I just came here with my boyfriend on my lunch break." I said hoping he got the message.

"Boyfriend? I don't see him, unless you're talking about me," he said with a wink. Oh geez this kid.

"Nah mate, but look behind you, then you'll see him." James said from behind the kid.

"You're the guy from that movie that just came out The Last King of Scotland right?" Daniel said trying to shake his hand.

"Yeah I am, and that there is my girlfriend and I would be ever so glad if you didn't hit on her." James said looking him dead in the eye. I was getting sorta scared now.

"Ah no worries mate, but you sure got a good looking one." He said as he left, and then James sat next to me.

"Sorry about that," I said to him. He shook his head, taking my hand in his.

"It's alright the guy was just a proper ned is all, a chav." He said, I laughed at the slang but nonetheless agreed with him. After some more small talk our food came and we ate in comfortable silence. Then James walked me back to the bookstore, my hand in his and I felt happy.
"I'll pick you up later if you want me to." He said gently into my ear. I nodded, liking the idea of him being here. I just felt more secure, and so nodded back and left me with a kiss, I really was welcoming back this feeling.