3.5

Two days later and an afternoon after  work, Eloise was sat in my house watching television. I'd decided to get a new more 'modern' one because I kinda wanted to James' movies. She was watching some cartoons and eating crisps.

"Hey honey!" I heard James' voice yell. I ran from the kitchen to the front door where he was stood and literally jumped into his arms, then he spun me around.

"Hi James!" Eloise's voice yelled happily. He put me down and picked her up doing the same with her. She looked so happy, her giggles filling up the room.

"How ya been Elly?" He asked giving her a nickname.

"I'm happy, Bunny gave me crisps and she let me watch cartoons! We're gonna have tea soon!" She said through giggles.

"What're we havin' for tea, Ms.Jones," he said still carrying Eloise as we walked back to the living room.

"Just making some sandwiches, and hash." I said plating the food.

We ate together and talked about what he'd been up to on set. After tea she showed him her drawing that she'd made. Then he asked her.

"So how're things at home Elly?" He said, I looked at her with a bit of worry as to what she would say.

"Mummy is in Paris. She said my nana would take me to school tomorrow. I hope she brings me back candy. She sometimes does, sometimes she has purple spots on her neck." Eloise said as she crawled up the couch sitting between us.

"Well, that isn't fun from the sound of it. What if we do something fun to cheer up the day? Ice cream?" He said with a silly voice, she started bouncing around happily.

"Alright, well put on ya shoes and we'll go get that ice cream." I said giving her hug before she ran off to get her shoes.

"So her mum really is a right cunt-"

"James! There is a child in the house, language." I said smacking his arm.

"You were thinking it too," he said shrugging. I shook my head going after Eloise. 

When we got to the ice cream parlor my phone went off. I looked to see I'd gotten a message from Eloise's mum. She wanted me to watch her til late night. I shook my head but nonetheless agreed to it.

"Mummy! You have to buy an ice cream too!" Eloise said, I looked at her wide eyed. Then I remembered what I'd promised her.

"Of course, did ya get yours already?" I asked, she nodded. James gave me a confused look, but I ordered the ice cream anyways.

"Elly, why'd you call Bunny mummy earlier?" James asked her, as we ate our ice cream.

"Bunny said that whenever I was with her she'd be my mummy because she treats me good, better than my real mummy." She said getting up and hugging me.

Later that night after Eloise had left with her mum, James and I decided that he'd stay the night.

"So you're a mum now?" He said as we got ready for bed.

"Yeah, but she needs one. You see how her mum barely cares for her James." I said waiting for him.

"Well, I'm all for keeping the little girl happy but what if she gets too attached. You know eventually you won't be able to babysit her, she's gotta grow up." he said climbing into bed besides me.

"I know, we'll figure it out when we get there, for now I just wanna make her happy." I said to him, he shrugged agreeing with it.