3.8

We went to visit James, two days after. I did tell him that I was with Eloise, i just didn't mention she was my daughter. This little one was polite even on the tube.

"Excuse me miss, do you want to sit next to me? You look tired," she said to an older lady.

"Why, thank you. Your daughter is so polite." The elder said to me, I gave her a smile and nodded.

We finally reached the station where James would be picking us up. 

"Mummy! I want lemonade!" Eloise said pointing to a lemonade vendor across the bench where we were sitted.

"Well let's wait for James." I said to her, she pouted sitting back in her seat. 

After a couple of minutes of looking around we saw him. She sprang up and ran to him, hugging him. Walking over to them all I could think about was if we were married, how this would have been much more different, not physically but emotionally.

"Hey lovely, I missed ya." He said kissing me.

"Eww...can we get lemonade now! Please!" Eloise said pulling on my hand.

"Oh ya wanted lemonade, and you waited for me? That's kinda of ya. I'll pay." James said picking her up and carrying her.

"No James, it's okay really-"

"My treat, don't worry 'bout it. Now let's get this little one her lemonade." He said taking my hand whilst he held her with the other one.

We ordered lemonades and pretzels. 

"You got a cute family, here is your order. Have good day," the girl at the counter said.

"Thank you very much. Keep the change," James said taking the food and handing us it.

He said thank you, he didn't question it. Something within me made my heart swell, seeing him hold her and smile at me. Now I felt that he wouldn't be upset at Eloise being my child. The car ride was quite until Eloise spoke.

"James! Bunny is my mummy!" She said as she drank her lemonade.

"Yeah, but only for the time until you have to go back with your-"

"Nuh-uh tell him about the grown up papers mummy! Tell him you're my mummy forever now." She said giggling.

James looked over at me confused, I sighed and looked at him with a sad smile.

"We'll talk about it at your flat, yeah?" I said, he nodded.

A his flat, whilst Eloise watched a movie we went to the kitchen and talked.

"How is she your daughter now?" He asked leaning against the counter.

"Kelly came to job and threatened to take her away from me if I didn't adopt her. She never wanted her, poor Eloise was crying when I told her I was her mum now. She knew her real mum didn't want her. James is it wrong of me to care for this girl? She doesn't deserve to be sad." I said to him, he looked at me with this certain look in his eyes.

"You should listen to yourself, you care so much about others. I just wish sometimes you think about yourself like that. I agree with you though, she deserves to be happy." He said hugging me, I sighed thankful that he agreed with me.

We went out for lunch that day, it was Eloise's choice so we went for burgers and chips. The whole way through Eloise was laughs and smiles. It made me smile to see her so happy. We even went to the shopping centre and bought her a new outfit. She said a yellow raincoat and wanted it so we just decided to get her the whole outfit instead. She was so happy, then James won her a teddy bear in one of the crane machines. 

"You're the best mummy and daddy ever! I love you." She said hugging us when we got to his flat.

"We love you too," James said kissing her forehead. 

"We love you very much." I said kissing the top of her head.