2.0

(Time Leap)

Christmas was nearing and little by little I was gathering enough money to buy James's gift. He said he didn't need nor want anything but I didn't really car or believe him. There's this motorcycle helmet he's been eyeing at a shop near the bookstore and thankfully the shop owner was nice enough to save it for me. He's a nice older man and he likes me well, like a daughter. Today I had the remainder of the money that was missing.

"Hey Mr. O'Donnell," I said stepping into the now decorated store as he came from the backroom.

"Acacia! How are ya?" He asked fixing his glasses, and yes he calls me by my middle name. He prefers it to 'bunny' which he says makes me sound like a five year old.

"I'm doing well. oh and I have the rest of the money I owe ya for the helmet." I said pulling out the envelope with money in it.

"Very well, I'm sure that fella of yours is gonna be fine and dandy after ya give him this beauty." He said getting the helmet and putting it in a hat box with a bow on it.

"Aye, he sure will be." I said with a giggle, as he handed me the now gifted helmet.

(Christmas Eve) 

We were with his co-stars at a party he threw at his house. He looked so happy and I was happy for him. Everyone was drinking and laughing, I felt a bit out of place so I went upstairs, where I sat and wondered about things, after a while I heard someone open the bedroom door.

"Oh shit, sorry I thought this was the bathroom." A guy said walking into the room.

"It's fine, the bathroom is the next door over," I whispered pointing to the other door.

"Aren't you James' girlfriend? Bunny right?" He said sitting besides me on the bed, I stared at him, he had blue eyes and dark hair like James but his face had a softer look to it.

"Yeah that's me, nice to meet you." I said to him, shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Nick. Nick Hoult." He said with a smile as he stared at me.

"Why were you crying? What's wrong?" He asked quietly.

"I wasn't crying, my eyes are just irritated." I quickly answer, this causing him to scoff.

"You can trust me, I won't say anything to anyone unless you want me to." He said taking my hand in his. He does look pretty trustworthy.

"I don't belong in this party. You lot are all friends and rich, and ya know not bad looking. Then there's wee little me, just watching my boyfriend get pissed with everyone he knows." I say with a light laugh, trying to ease the conversation.

"If it's any consolation, I don't really wanna get drunk. Plus, I know he would love it if you were with him right now. As for us being rich and all that, we're all normal people just like you but also, sorry about this in advance. You are really pretty, and James is a lucky guy." Nick said with a laugh.

We spent some more time just talking about dumb things and making each other laugh. After a while we ended up dancing to the Christmas music playing downstairs. It was good to have a friend at this party, I started getting pretty tired and we sat against each other, my head leaning on his shoulder as we kept talking and then the door opened again.

"Bunny! There you are! Why is Nick in here with you?" A drunk James said looking at us.

"We were just talking mate, no worries. I'll see you guys downstairs." He said standing up and leaving, James gave him an odd look.

"So what were you doing?" He asked, his eyes looked really glossy and I could smell the alcohol on him.

"Nothing James, we were just talking. He was looking for the bathroom and ended up in here by accident. He saw me cry," I said to him. His gaze softened.

"I'm sorry baby, come here." He said pulling me in for a hug, I sighed hoping tomorrow would come quicker.

The night carried on and I stayed downstairs talking to Nick as everyone else kept drinking. We exchanged numbers and about an hour after that a drunk Hugh plunged next to us on the couch.

"Happy Christmas! I love you guys!" He said hugging us, and then we heard his wife laugh from behind us.

"Sorry 'bout him. I'm the designated driver tonight and he's using that to his advantage." She says as he slurs on about santa and elves. 

The party did eventually end and a mess was left in its place. Being the only person sober left in the house, I decided to clean up and James went to sleep. By the time I finished it was nearly four in the morning. As soon as I did though, I fell straight asleep on the couch. Someone eventually woke me up, I found it to be a much sobered up James.

"Happy Christmas morning my love." He said giving me a small kiss, I giggled realizing it was Christmas day. I got and freshened up, then met with him by the Christmas tree, where we exchanged gifts.

"No way! You got me the helmet! I fuckin' love ya." He said putting a big kiss on me lips

"Awe baby, you got me the drawing kit and book I wanted. Thanks lovely," I said kissing him, and then we just spent the rest of the day watching movies. It was a good day, holidays are always good in there own special way, aren't they?