Chapter 16

I wanna dedicate this chapter to Colin. Happy Birthday.

Allison's POV

And as if things couldn't get any worse, my mom entered the room with the baby in her arms.

As soon as Mel saw me, she reached out to me, so my mom slowly made her way to me. Apparently too slow for Melanie's liking since she began crying.

I took her swiftly then and the crying was gone in a matter of seconds.

But then my daughter saw my sister and began to reach out again, obviously confused. My sister took her tiny hand with a finger and shook it lightly. She seemed confused too, though.

"This is your auntie," I said into her ear. Melanie giggled when she heard my voice and turned to me again. She reached out wanting to touch my nose. It's kinda something she always does. I have no idea why. It's weird.

"She has an obsession with noses. My name's Allison by the way." I decided to introduce myself. She's my sister after all. It isn't her fault, that our parents gave me away and kept her. At least she bothered to find me. And I'm grateful for that.

"Emma." She smiled at me. It's a nice name. Then she turned to the other two strangers. "And that are Killian, my boyfriend, and my son; Henry."

"Nice to meet you. Maybe we should all sit down again. There are a lot of things we have to talk about."

We all sat back down. Emma sat on Killian's lap so that there was free space for me on the couch.

"So what did you wanna talk about?"

"How did you find me?"

"My friend was at the hospital, you once worked in. Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital and your old colleagues all thought I was you, which was quite confusing. So I told that our parents and they told me, that I have a sister."

"They never told you?"

"No. Which is quite shocking. Our mom is terrible with secrets. Almost worse than Leroy." Killian nodded at that. They both shared a laugh.

They look very happy. I wish I had a relationship like this, but I don't. Not anymore. Ever since I broke up with Chase and moved here, I had even less time than in New Jersey because I also had to take care of Melanie. So there wasn't time to date.

I once had a date, but it went even worse than my date with House.

It wasn't even him, but I guess I just wasn't ready for dating at that time. I'm not sure I'll ever be again. I still miss Chase and him being here, doesn't make it easier.

"After my friend was healed Chase agreed to help me find you, so we drove to Chicago, visited your old apartment, but you obviously don't live there anymore and then we came here."

Chase voluntarily helped them? That is surprising. I thought, that they had to make him. When I arrived at PPTH last time because I wanted him to sign the divorce papers, he wasn't too happy to see me. He was angry and annoyed.

We were trapped inside an examining room. In the beginning, we fought a lot about why we broke up. It resulted in me telling him, that I'm not sure if I ever loved him. Which wasn't the truth. I still don't know why I said it. I always loved him. I probably still do.

After our fight, the dynamic changed. We talked about missing each other. I told him, that I miss him the most while thinking about the dance class we took for our wedding. How sad I am about the fact, that he's never gonna hold me like in that class ever again.

He then went to his phone and turned on some music and we danced. It was like a goodbye dance, which resulted in a kiss and that kiss resulted in us having sex. Which is kinda wrong since he already signed the divorce papers, but I didn't mind.

I wanted it and when it was over, I wished it would go on forever. It was really hard for me to leave the room. I never wanted to go, but I knew I had to. We were over. There was no point in staying.

A few months later I found out, that I was pregnant. I debated in my head whether I should tell Chase or not, but every time I was ready to do it, I decided against it. I couldn't bring myself to tell him. I was terrified even though there wasn't a rational reason for it.

He deserves to know, but I still can't bring myself to tell him even though he's only sitting a few inches away from me.

I'm just too scared of his reaction. I'm scared that he would want her to live with him. I'm scared, that he would hate me for keeping this from him for so long.

I know I shouldn't care about what Chase thinks of me, but somehow I do even though I know, that nothing will ever happen between us ever again.

I need a second opinion on this, so I ask Emma if we can talk in private and she agrees. We both stand up and I give Melanie to Killian, who is sitting next to me.

We then exit the room and go into my old room upstairs.

"So what did you wanna talk about?"

"I need your opinion on something..."