Chapter 13

Emma's POV

Killian and I looked at each other. It was obvious, that we were both annoyed. I pecked his lips softly before answering the phone.

"Hello?"

"Mum?"

"Henry. What's up? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. I just wanted to let you know, that I'm in New Jersey. Thomas got some spell from Gold, which allows him to leave town and he agreed to take me with him."

"That's great. I should've taken you with us in the first place. Storybrooke isn't safe. I'm not sure, if the Evil Queen would hurt you, but I don't wanna take a chance. Where exactly are you?"

"At the hospital. Thomas is currently talking to Ashley's doctors."

"I'll be there in a few minutes."

"See you then. Love you."

"I love you too."

I hang up and turned to Killian.

"It was Henry. He and Thomas are now here too. I told him we meet him at the hospital."

He nodded and stood up. We both picked up our leather jackets and my car/hotel keys. Then we went to my bug and drove to PPTH.

"Does he know? Henry?"

"About me dying? No."

Truth be told, I don't know how I could tell him. Or if I should tell him at all.

"Should I tell him?"

"Yeah. He deserves to know, Swan."

"I know...I just...don't know how to tell him. I left him once when he was just a few seconds old. I never even held him then. Not once. And now I do the same again. He will hate me for it."

"No he won't. He loves you." He took a deep breath. "We both do, but unluckily that doesn't change the fact, that you could die."

"I will die."

I pulled to the side of the road and looked at him.

"I know you think we will figure something out, but I don't think you should. False hope is worse than anything. It will destroy you as soon as I'm dead."

A tear fell down my face as I looked into Killian's eyes. They had a different shade of blue when he's sad. It's a sad blue, that crushes my heart whenever I see it.

I want him to be happy. I want to be the person that makes him happy, but I can't do that. Because he will be taken from me once again. Its more like I will be taken from him. It's unfair.

"You were right." He looked at me with a questioning look on his face. "Fate is cruel."

"That it is."

"We got separated so often, but it still doesn't stop. It never will. Maybe we're not supposed to be together."

He took my hand and gave it a light squeeze.