Chapter 19

Emma's POV

After hugging my sister, I went down the stairs again. When I entered the living room everyone was looking at me expectingly.

"Where's your sister, Swan? Is everything alright?"

I love how Killian can tell which one of us is which. I couldn't since we look exactly alike.

"Everything's alright."

I looked at Chase. "She wants to talk to you. She's waiting in her room."

He raised an eyebrow, looking genuinely confused. He really believes that she hates him. It's good. It means, that he knows he made a mistake. Maybe I can trust him with my sister. Maybe.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Now go up. Don't keep her waiting."

He stands up and approaches the stairs, going upstairs.

"Why does she wanna talk to him?" Mrs. Cameron says. I turn to her and offer her a small smile, sitting down next to Killian, who was surprisingly still holding the baby.

I took her little hand and smiled at Killian, he returned the smile.

"She wants to tell him...about Mel."

"What?!"

Her brother looked very mad. He obviously isn't Chases biggest fan. It's good. That means that he protected her while I couldn't.

That kinda reminds me of Liam. He was also very protective of Killian when I met him in the underworld. He thought I wasn't good enough for Killian, but I don't care about it. We don't need his approval for being together.

"She and I both think, that he has a right to know it."

"That idiot doesn't deserve anything. He broke her trust. Her heart. He killed someone. Ally can't seriously trust him with a baby."

"He killed someone?"

"Yeah. She left that part out? Shocking. She was very mad at him for it. I mean she left him because of that."

What?!

That worries me. If she hates him for killing someone, there's a possibility, that she'll hate me too, if she ever finds out I killed someone.

I killed Cruella.

She can't ever find out. I can't lose her after just finding her. I have to protect that secret, but that'll make me no better than my parents.

Keeping a secret for my own benefit. It's selfish. But I don't see another way. Maybe that's what mum and dad thought too.

Maybe I should believe in them. Maybe they really just wanted to protect me.

I was so lost in my thoughts, that I almost didn't notice Killian's hand, which he embraced mine with. It was a small gesture, but it still took my worry away.

Sometimes the small things count in life.

I looked at Killian with a grateful smile and he smiled right back at me. All the worry faded from his face, but it still remained in his eyes. In his beautiful blue eyes, that I lose myself in all the time. For example right now.

...

When my sister and Chase got back into the living room they were smiling and holding hands. I take that as a good sign and smiled at Ally. Killian gave her the baby back.

We continued talking about each other's lives for hours until Ally and I decided to help her mum in the kitchen. The three of us were making dinner.

"So...you and Chase are back together?"

She blushed. "Yeah. I decided to give it another shot. Mel needs him in her life after all and I do too. I missed him a lot."

I smiled at her. I'm glad, that she is happy.

"It's good even though I'm not his biggest fan. But I believe that love is a part of all happiness and you have to be open to that."

I said this once before. To Regina in the alternate universe when I had to convince her to stop Robin and Zelena's wedding.

That brings back dark memories. Things I wish I could forget, but no matter how hard I try, these memories still haunt me and they probably always will.

Shortly before I said this the first time, I had to watch Killian die. The Evil version of my dad killed him. It was my fault. Killian was just trying to save me and Henry even though he couldn't handle a sword nor did he know us well. Only a true hero would act that way. Killian is my hero.

"So you believe in things like love at first sight, soulmates, and true love?"

"Kind of."

Killian is my true love after all. And I also believe, that it was fate, which brought us together. We have similar pasts and our whole lives changed for the better when we met.

I don't believe in love at first sight, though. It didn't work with Killian and I, so it probably doesn't exist. At least not for me since I couldn't love anyone but Killian. (Or Henry, but that doesn't really count in this case.)

"I don't really believe it, if there is something like that for me, it's probably in another universe. I never had an easy relationship."

">>True love isn't easy, but it must be fought for. Because once you find it, it can never be replaced.<< That's something our dad always says."

"So he believes in love, but they still gave us up?"

"They didn't really have a choice."

"Can you explain?"

"It's a long story and if I would tell you, you'd think I'm insane or crazy or both."

"Come on. I promise not to laugh."

"You won't believe me if you're anything like me. It took me very long to believe all that. The only reason I started believing was because Henry almost died."

"Humor me."