Chapter 26

Cameron's POV

After walking in on my sister and her boyfriend I decide to leave them alone and go somewhere else. I don't wanna intrude since I'm in their house, so I go back upstairs.

Chase is sitting on the bed and rocks Melanie in his arms. She's sleeping peacefully again.

"Hi. We're going to Granny's now." I tell him while I approach them. I peck him on the lips and caress my daughter's head softly, carefully so that I won't wake her.

Chase: "Why is that?"

Allison: "Because I'm hungry. It's breakfast-time."

Chase: "Okay."

He stands up and goes over to Melanies stroller to lie her in it. Then we head downstairs again.

Allison: "Bye guys. Do you want us to get you something too?"

Emma: "I wouldn't say no to a grilled cheese with onion rings. Are you two sure, that you will find your way to Granny's?"

Allison: "We'll find it. Don't worry."

I hug her quickly and leave the house with Chase and Melanie.

....

When we arrive at Granny's and I go to the counter an old woman smiles at me.

Granny: "Hi Emma. A grilled cheese with onion rings coming right up."

Allison: "Sorry. I'm not Emma, but I do am ordering something for her."

The old woman looks genuinely confused now, so I smile at her.

Allison: "I do understand the confusion. We look quite alike. Emma and me. We're twins."

We then order our food and find a booth to sit in. Soon Cuddy arrives at the diner too with Rachel. She joins us.

Cuddy: "Good morning."

Chameron: "Morning."

We smile at each other because we're so in sync until Cuddy clears her throat.

Cuddy: "So you are back together?"

Allison: "Yes. We decided to give this another try."

She smiles lightly at us.

Cuddy: "Congrats."

After we talked for a while I realize, that somethings seems to be wrong with Cuddy. What could it be? Did she not find the person she was looking for?

Allison: "Did you find your friend?"

Cuddy: "Yeah."

Allison: "Then why do you seem so unhappy?"

Cuddy: "I'm not."

Chase and I look at each other with raised eyebrows and then back to Cuddy, signalizing her, that we know she's lying.

Cuddy: "He doesn't wanna see me. He doesn't remember me and doesn't trust anyone blindly."

Allison: "Then prove him that it's you. Isn't there something that oonly you would know or something only you would have?"

It looks like she figured something out because seconds later she jumps up from her seat, takes Rachel and runs out of the diner.

Allison: "Do you think I gave her an idea?"

Chase: "Either that or she decided to go back to New Jersey to kill House."