Chapter 14

A few weeks later...

Emma's POV

Yesterday Ashley's lung transplant finally took place. She already woke up a few minutes ago. She's stable and on her way to full recovery. All she needs now is rest, so she will drive home with Thomas today.

Killian, Henry, Chase and I will go to Chicago to try to figure out, whether my sister still lives there or not.

Our first spot to visit in Chicago was the apartment she moved into right after she left PPTH.

Chase rang the bell, but we were greeted by an old lady, who apparently had a lot of cats. Unluckily she had no idea about past owners of her apartment and she also doesn't know anyone called Allison Cameron.

After that we all went to a small diner to eat something and to brainstorm for ideas.

"We could go to the hospital and look if she's working there."

"There are four of them. But we can try if we don't find anything more practical."

Why does Chase always have to disagree with me? It's annoying. Does he hate my sister that much or is it the fact that I'm just her sister and not her.

"We could go to her parents apartment and look if they still live there. They could tell us where she is."

Chases ideas were always really dumb. How could my sister have that bad taste? Even though he doesn't look too bad.

"Our parents are in Storybrooke. They thought she's dead, so I doubt, that they could help us."

"I didn't mean her birth parents. She was adopted obviously. She never told me though."

"Then it could work."

I smiled. At least my sister wasn't alone all her life. I'm happy she didn't had to grow up as I did, moving from foster home to foster home. I've never been in a home for more than 3 months.

Just once. The Swan family. I was there for the first 3 years of my life. They almost adopted me. They were good to me and I thought, that they loved me.

But obviously they didn't. As soon as the woman found out, that she was finally pregnant, they gave me back to the system. The only reason I was enough for them was, that they couldn't have their own children. As soon as they could, they didn't need me anymore.

All the other families I've been in were mostly group homes. They only let me live with them because they got good money from the system and as soon as I was too much trouble, they kicked me out again.

Also I was once in a good family, that wanted to adopt me like the Swans, but my childhood friend Lily stole their money, so they kicked me out too.

No one ever loved me until my 28th birthday, on which Henry stood in front of my door.

He's been the first person to ever love me. The second one is Killian.

But I don't care about there only being two persons that love me unconditionally. They're all I need. I never wanna live without them ever again.

...

We finished our meal at the small diner and went to the apartment of Allison's parents. I rang the doorbell.

A woman answered the door. She was smiling at Chase and then me.

"Allison it's nice to see you. Since when are you and Chase back together? And who is your friend and the kid?"

We found them, so soon we'll be able to find my sister and I can finally meet her.

"I-I-I'm not Allison. I'm her twin sister Emma. And this is my boyfriend Killian and my son Henry."

She looked utterly confused.

"Son? I thought he was your brother."

"No. My brothers name is Neil and he's a baby."

Now Chase looked confused too. Great. I can't explain magic to them now. They wouldn't understand. Hell I don't even understand and I'm the savior. The product of true love.

"Well anyway...I'd like to meet my sister, so I hoped, that you could tell me where she lives."

"She doesn't live far from here. What do you say...I invite her here and make you guys some tea or coffee."

"That's very generous of you." I said and smiled at her. She smiled back at me.

She stepped aside and let us enter her home. She closed the door after us and we followed her into the living room. There were sitting two men, who chatted excitingly. They looked up at us.

"Alli. It's so nice to see you. How are you?" The younger one said, approaching me.

"My name is Emma. Sorry."

He laughed.

"You're funny, sis."

"She isn't kidding." Chase said and the guy turned around facing him.

"Robert. What are you doing here?" He didn't sound excited anymore. He obviously isn't Chases biggest fan.

"Helping Emma here finding Allison."

"And why do you look for her?" The older man said, now standing next to us too.

"She's my sister."

"Explains why you look so alike."

Then Mrs Cameron came back into the room with two pots. One was filled with coffee and one with boiling water for tea. She had some tea bags with her too.

"Alli will be here in a few minutes. Until then I brought you something to drink. You probably had a long journey."

"That's very kind of you. Thanks."

She motioned for us to sit down and we all did. Mr Cameron sat back down on his armchair. Mrs Cameron, Chase and Alli's brother Shared a couch and on the other one Killian, Henry and I sat down.

We all chatted for a while until the doorbell rang.