Chapter 3

Emma's POV

I wake up to the smell of pancakes and Killian kissing every inch of my face. I put my hands in his hair and pulled him down to my lips, kissing him passionately.

"Morning."

"Morning, my love."

We kissed again shortly. Then I noticed the little tray sitting next to Killian on the bed. I looked at him.

"I made you breakfast, my Swan."

I looked at him with treay eyes. No guy has ever done anything like this for me. I connected our lips again and deepened the kiss, but Killian broke the kiss.

"We have to leave soon, Swan. So if we don't stop this right now, I'm not sure we'll be able to leave this house in time to bring your friend to this other hospital." He smirked at me and I returned the gesture, giving him one last peck on the lips before eating the pancakes and the chocolate covered strawberrys Killian made me.

When I finished, I kissed him again. "Thanks. That was heavenly." I smiled at him one last time before he vanished into the kitchen with the tray and I went into the bathroom to get ready to leave.

Half an hour later we were both ready to go. We got into my car to drive to the hospital.

While we were driving he took my hand again and lightly squeezed it from time to time as if to tell me that everything will be alright.

I really appreciated it. When I would tell myself that, I wouldn't really believe it. I'm not that optimistic. But Killian telling me that, is a different story. I trust him and when he says it'll be fine, it will be that way.

When we reached the hospital and Ashleys floor, I talked to the head nurse.

"Hello. I'm here to take my friend Ashley Boyd to another hospital for a lung transplant."

She smiled softly at me. "Yeah. I remember, Miss Swan. You are kinda hard to forget since you're actually our princess with your parents being King David and Snow White."

I hate being this famous in Storybrooke. Its too much sometimes. I never had anyone care about me and now everyone in this town knows my name. Its a big difference.

"Well you can take her. We trust you to do that just fine, but we still will check with the hospital later to see if you got there okay."

It was my idea and now she thinks we will kidnap Ashey and let her die? Seriously? I wouldn't do that. Also I'm the Sheriff after all. She should trust me...otherwise I could arrest her. I also once arrested someone for crashing my first date with Killian, which still turned out amazing, but that's probably because I love him so much. It was already then that way. I just would've never admitted it to myself or to him.

I was still scared he could break my heart into a thousand pieces. Like everyone else did. And when I'm scared, that's when my walls go up. I couldn't control them then, but I wish I had. Then I could've been with my pirate far earlier.

"At the moment your friend is stable and we found a transplant for her. You need to bring her to New Jersey. The hospital is called Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital."

"Okay. Thanks."

That is close to New York, which means it's like a 6 hour drive.

I enter Ashleys room at Storybrooke General and she smiles immediately. Thomas and little Alexandra are with her. Me and Killian greet them all.

When Alexandra sees Killian she reaches out for him. She obviously remembers him. It was so sweet when he tried to distract her at Granny's yesterday. It made my heart beat a thousand times faster and I couldn't concentrate on what Henry and the new lady were talking about even though ibwas supposed to help him.

"So we'll leave for New Jersey now. It'll be a six hour drive approximately. But it'll be worth it. You'll be fine. Don't worry." it seemed very odd to act so optimistic even though it was to encourage her. Its still weird because I was sure the optimism, which runs in my family, skipped a generation.

"We'll think of you every day and wish you luck. You need to come back to us. We can't lose you and we love you." Thomas said to his girlfriend and smiled at her brightly. Then he leaned down and kissed her.

Then Killian and Thomas helped Ashley up since she was still very weak due to the pain she was feeling. They sat her in a wheelchair and we start our way to the car.

Before she entered my yellow bug she kissed both Thomas and Alexandra goodbye.

"Don't worry. I'll get her back here when she's healthy again. This isn't goodbye." I said to Thomas and shook Alexandras hand because she was still reaching out for Killian. Looks like I'm not the only one that loves my devishly handsome pirate.

"I know. I trust you and also I know Ashley. She's strong. I know she can get through this."

I looked over at Killian, who was standing next to me and I gave him a signal that we should leave now. Its really practical, that he can read me so easily. We don't need to actually say something to communicate.

We both gor into the car and while I started the car Ashley waved to her family.

Before crossing the townline, I got out of the car and approached it. I took the page with the spell, which I ripped out of the book and began to undo the spell, preventing us to leave Storybrooke.

My hand started shacking again, but I ignored it. I thought about my life. Killian. Henry. My parents. About how much I love them all and also about why I want to leave: to save my friend Ashley.

Suddenly a white blast of magic escaped of my fingertips and I was lowering the shield on the townline, which was now purple. My magic got rid of the purple piece by piece until everything was gone.

I reached my hand out over the townline and the spell was gone.

I went back to my car, starting it.

"Lets go to New Jersey and heal you. Ashley."

Killian was smiling at me and took my hand. "I knew you could do it, Swan. You're stronger than the Evil Queen. She could never defeat you."