Introduction - A Savior's Goodbye (Past)

It had been almost a year since it had happened. The first death of a CPU by Gehaburn. When Noire had died. When she had impaled herself on that weapon forged from hell. Gehaburn. The weapon had the power to absorb the power of the CPUs themselves. She had done it as an attempt to try and save the future of Gamindustri. A dark and powerful evil was approaching known as the Deity of Sin. Along with Noire, the other CPUs died by the cursed sword. Each of them eventually dying one by one. There isn't a day that goes by when I don't think about it. Now it was just me and Nepgear. Alone. She had called me into the Basilicom to discuss something with me. If I lost Nepgear, I didn't know what I would do. Losing Noire was my breaking point and I feared that if I lost Nepgear, I would lose my mind. I walked slowly through the giant doors of Planeptunes empty Basilicom. She was at the end of the hall, with Gehaburn in her hands. Then she turned around to face me.
"Quinn, the Deity of Sin is fast approaching. Are you ready to face it?" She asked me.
"Yes I am." I told her confidently.
"Good" she said. After she said that, I instantly regretted my last statement. As I would never be ready after today. I looked behind me for an instant. As I was gazing at the scenery out of the window that was there. I could see the trees as the wind passed through their leaves. It was very peaceful. When I turned back around however, Nepgear was lying on the ground.
"Why!" I shouted to no avail. "Why!" She had stabbed herself with Gehaburn. The same as what Noire had done for her.
"Neither I nor the sword would've been powerful enough to defeat the Deity of Sin." She told me through heavy breathing. "I put my faith in you to defeat it. This sword will be your weapon. Think of this situation as my saying sorry to you for losing Noire."
"God damnit Nepgear, this isn't helping at all. I need you to defeat the Deity of Sin. I'm not a CPU. I'm just a normal person." She was bleeding heavily and I knew I would lose her soon so I picked her up and held her close to me. It was just like when I had lost Noire. I felt her warmth from her body as her life force was slowly slipping away.
"Please don't leave me Ge-Ge" I said through sobs. She used whatever strength she had left in her body to wrap her arms around me. Putting her head close to my chest.
"Just promise me one thing Quinn." She told me.
"What is it?" I asked her.
"That you will protect the citizens of this nation. It is all we have left."
"I will" I told her. I could see that the sword was absorbing her power as a light began to shimmer at her feet. "Nepgear, I'm sorry I hated you all this time for Noire's death."
"It's alright. You had every reason to hate me. However, I feel that you forgave me long ago. It is now my turn to leave so please Quinn, be strong for both Noire and I ok?" She looked at me with tears in her deep purple eyes. She looked relieved for the first time in months.
"I promise to protect your memory and this nation." I pledged to her.
"Thank you Quinn, for being there for me." I then leaned in and kissed her on the lips and she held me tighter. I could feel tears streaming down my face as I knew I would never see her again. As I enjoyed our moment together, I opened my eyes and she had disappeared into a shimmer of light.
"Always." I cried. Always. I then cried in the middle of the Basilicom, screamed in agony, and wept until I eventually passed out. When I awoke, I felt different. I picked up Gehaburn and took hold of my sword on my back. I held both Gehaburn and Durandal, Noire's Sword. I sheathed Durandal on my back, and out of the corner of my eye, another sword in a display case caught my attention. Nepgear's ultimate weapon. The Beam Zapper. In an effort to strengthen the swords even further, I fused Gehaburn with the Beam Zapper, forming Beamburn. After this day, something changed in me. I would never be the same again.