Chapter 9 - Two Sides of Me (Present)

I was always someone when something terrible happened to me I'd dwell on it. It was like a curse that I couldn't dispel. But my heartache drove me further on to my objective. Which was achieving justice for Noire and all the other Goddesses and Candidates. They had given their lives for the sake of saving whatever is now left of Gamindustri. Lastation may be in shambles but Planeptune still lives on as a safe haven for the citizens. But I couldn't account for their happiness without their goddess and candidate. As I wandered Lastations basilicom, I thought about all the sacrifices everyone had made to attempt to ensure victory against the coming enemy that was the "Deity of Sin".

Now that it was approaching the borders of Gamindustri, I vowed that I would not fail those people who sacrificed so much. As I ascended the towering Basilicom that belonged to Lastation, I could see the sun setting in the horizon, and with it brought the Deity of Sin in the distance. It was surrounded by a dark aura and it's shape was almost that of... my own? No it wasn't possible. It looked just like me but the only discernible difference was the evil look on his face and in his eyes. I leapt gracefully from the top of the tower and used my portal power to teleport me just about twenty feet away from him.

I called out to him, trying to suppress my rage and fury of everything I'd lost because of his existence.
"You've finally shown yourself after hiding for so long." I yelled.
He started to laugh softly but with an evil intent.
"You think I was hiding hmm? Fool. I thought I'd be smarter than that.
My thoughts raced when he said "I'd be smarter than that." I wasn't sure what to make of it. Did he slip up or...

The Deity of Sin then pulled his cloaking veil of darkness away from his face. It was... my own. But how?