Chapter 16 - A Single Goal

(Mysterious Woman's POV)

I wish I knew where he had gone off. He didn't even give me the chance to say goodbye. He was a dear friend and I would've liked to have seen him one more time before he left. For he changed me for the better. Showed me who I really was and now am. He helped me locate my sister so long ago.

At first I didn't trust him at all. From the moment when we were on that tram it seemed he was trouble from the start. But he assisted me throughout my fight between the opposing military forces. I later found he was someone who I could trust. So when he left it's like a part of me disappeared along with him. I don't understand why fate loves to take away those close to me all the time. But this time, I would find him and bring him home. Or find him just to see him again and possibly see him off on his travels.

I searched long and hard after he had supposedly disappeared. Nobody seemed to remember who he was either. Only me. I couldn't even remember his name. All I had were the memories he left behind. I remember what he looked like, what he did with us and many other things. But unfortunately I couldn't recall who he was. It kept me awake at night because he was someone who was important to me.

Once I learned after my thorough searching that he wasn't even in my world, I decided to find a way to reach him in another way entirely. That's when I saw the portal in my world. I didn't know where it would lead me, but it was a chance I was willing to take.

I quickly adapted to the city I had been teleported or transferred to. It was called "Lastation." I didn't care much for their problems as I had a goal of my own but I had to make expenses somehow so every once in a while I'd take a quest from their guild recepetionist. But I was still getting nowhere. Then I saw the crowd gathering and decided to see what event had been unfolding in my absence from the guild. I saw two people staring each other down and the goddess of the land appeared to be looking for someone to locate someone.

The man said he'd do it so I thought that I'd accompany him. Travelling with him, It might be my only chance. To hear his voice again. To hear him call me "Light". His little light.