Chapter 10 - Reflections (Present)

He was me. There was no doubt about it. How does one face off against himself though? As I stood still slightly stunned from the events that had just unfolded before me, I readied my weapon in preparation to fight myself.

"You're not me. There's no possible way that you're me." I tried to convince myself that what I saw in front of me was a blatant lie but it wasn't.

"Are you sure about that? I mean after all, it was a fluke that you actually managed to get here anyways. Did you honestly think you were the only one who had the power of traveling through dimensions? I can't believe that someone who shares my existence could be so... naive." The Deity of Sin exclaimed.

In a fit of confusion and rage, I charged at him and swung and the Deity of Sin just stood there, ready. Once I slashed though, the only thing my blade cut was the air in which the enemy had just been.

"Did you really think something as simple as that would hit me?" He taunted. "Honestly I expected more from you. I'm disappointed." I turned around and swung at him again and he merely dodged my blade as he moved incredibly fast as soon as I swung.

"It seems you haven't fully harnessed your powers yet. What a shame. I was looking forward to battling you but you're such a pushover that you aren't even worth my time."

Since it seemed like he was using his teleport ability to dodge my attack, I came up with an idea. I ran at him again, ready to strike and as soon as I brought my blade down, I teleported with him and went to attack him again. This time, my blade caught metal instead of air. The Deity of Sin brandished his weapon out of dark energy as he couldn't dodge the attack.

" Hmmph. How pathetic. Why am I even wasting my time with you right now?" He said as he looked down upon me.
"I could wipe you out with one blow if I wanted, but I think I'll enjoy torturing you for a while longer."

I thought of all the people who had helped me to win here and how I couldn't fail them. Their dying wishes being the only thing that kept me going. That kept me from falling to pieces.

"What a shame that everyone had to die for you."

As soon as those bitter poisonous words hit my ears, I stopped dead in my tracks.

"What did you utter?" I asked with a grim tone.

"Oh only how irrelevant it was to have everyone sacrifice themselves because you were too weak to defeat me. Even your precious Noire you worthless piece of trash. You didn't have the strength to even save a single person. Now they're all dead because if you."

That was it. He set me off. I'd prove him wrong by defeating him here. Once and for all. A blazing aura surrounded me and I appeared above him in an instant. He looked somewhat shocked as I hovered above him. If I could outmatch him in speed, then maybe I could defeat him. I dived at him at mach speeds and attacked him repeatedly. I wouldn't let him win. Not after the people who had died to see his defeat. I knew what I had to do. In one final attempt, I hit him multiple times at light speed, immobilizing him for a few seconds, long enough for me to hit him with an aerial diving attack, impaling him on my blade. He looked surprised for a second but then he said one word.
"Imbecile."
He then disappeared and almost a moment after I was impaled from behind by a blade made of darkness. The wound inflicted upon me proved fatal and I would more than likely die in seconds. The person I had attacked had apparently just been a doppelganger. I had failed. I let them down.

"Well I hope you relish in the fact that you're precious friends died in vain huh." The Deity of Sin cackled as he kicked me of off his blade.

I fell to the ground and slowly started to lose consciousness as I died slowly. Before I died, I thought off all the CPUs who'd died for me just so I could be here. I saw each of their smiling faces individually as the pain slowly slipped away from my body. Then I recalled Noires face. She had believed in me more than anybody. As I thought of her, tears came to my eyes as I screamed at the top of my lungs.

Then I was enveloped in a white light, and my breath left my lungs.