Chapter 1: Lost and Found

[3 months earlier]

She sat alone in a dark room. Moister filled the air around her. Her abductors had left for another neighborhood robbery so she was all alone. She was trapped and there was no way of getting out.

Bound to a chair with twist ties and rope there was nothing she could really do. You could say it was sad, how she sat, how she trembled in fear feeling the unknown.

That's what raced through her mind in that moment; fear. All she could think to herself was, "why, why, why? Me of all people...what did I do to deserve this shit?"

This strikes her thoughts. Why her? Who is doing this? All these thoughts run through her head as she sits there alone, beginning to sob. Light little sobs at first; something unnoticeable unless you were directly next to her. Thoughts over ran her head as she started to struggle...but struggle wouldn't help much.

"HELPPP!" She screamed repeatedly.

"Please! Someone helpppp!"

She stopped. There was a faint sound of a car door shutting.

"Shit...! I'm going die..oh god they're back..I'm going to die!" She said to herself.

She then began to wiggle in her seat, trying to pry loose. When she realized that she wasn't going to get out of this with her life she began to cry soft quiet tears.

---------------------------------------------------

"Alright men, you know the drill. Move out" a police officer signaled.

The men scattered toward the door blocking each side. Aimed and ready to fire at any given time, all the men awaited for the signal.

"On three boys....ready...." He looks at each and everyone of his men.

"1.......2......" He puts up three fingers and his men knock down the entrance doors.

"Go, go, go." He whispers.

The men scatter out everywhere searching for Kc.

"Clear" each group says after checking each room. One group of officers find a door.

"Sir..." He calls out. The officer comes over and the group gestures to the door. The men stand by while the officer opens the door with speed. Each officer does a clear search. The commanding officer walks over to Kc.

"It's going to be okay Kc. Just stay calm. You're okay now...your safe." The officer reassured her. She nodded and waited for him to unbound her. Small tears stained her pale face. As she got the nerve to stand, the officer continued.

"I'm Deputy Sheriff Peter. My team and I are going to get you out of here..." Kc tried to follow his smooth voice but it got softer in the distance as it became buzzing noises.

"You're safe now." He said again.

After Kc got a check up, the officer took her to the station and questioned her. He called up her family and brought them in. After all the hugs, tears, kisses, and smiles they thanked the Deputy once again.

"Mr. And Mrs. Collin, we reassure you that your daughter is safe now but," he pauses "we think it's best if you leave town. It isn't safe for your family here. The men had connections with others that we have yet to come into contact with, in case anything was to happen we would like to ensure your safety. We already have a new address for you. You will be transferred there. The other officers and I did some digging and the place we picked is nice. It's in a cute little town, with an amazing school system. Your work will also be transferred. It'll be okay." Deputy Peter said with a nod.

I watched my parents expression change as I dozed into my own thoughts.

I think it would be good to transfer. I mean it is for safety reasons. Besides I think I need a new start. Our family needs a new start. Like Mr. Peter said, it'll be okay.