Chapter 8: Friend Zoned?

"Yeah." I said.

With that I got up from the love seat as did Derek. He didn't let go of my hand. He led me upstairs to his room. His room was the last door in the hall way.

When we entered his room he shut the door behind him.

His room was average in size. His bed was placed up against the left wall. It was a twin bed with black sheets. The carpet was white as snow and went with the cream walls. He had a dark hickory beside table with a lamp and an alarm clock set on it.

On the right side of his room was a white to cream couch with a few varieties of blankets on it. It had two pillows with names written all over it. I assumed that was his 'yearbook'. In front of the couch was a dark hickory wood table with a small tv on it. He had all his games beside the tv along with his xbox. On the walls were some selves with books, pictures, and awards from sports. He had one window. It was aligned with the door.

I followed his led and we sat on his bed. It was quite comfortable. I was in the same position as I was down stairs.

Derek stared into my eyes, into my soul. He looked as if he was hypnotized. The grip on my hand was soft, but he soon let go placing his hands on my legs. Derek slid me closer to him. Our knees were touching and our hands were linked together.

"Look, I'm sorry about the whole Seth thing. I mean he never really liked you. He just has this problem with attention, were he always needs it. But don't let him know that your aware of it. He'll lie about it, straight to your face. That's the thing about attention seekers, they always need something, everything has to be about them." Derek gave me a sympathetic look, and sighed. "I really am sorry."

He pulled me into his warm embrace, stroking my hair.

"You deserve so much better Kc." He whispered into my ear. He still hadn't let go, and his embrace had gotten a little bit tighter.

"I guess." I said into his shoulder. His words weren't my strength. I wasn't sure of what he was saying. If it was true or just something to make me feel better.

Pulling away he placed a hand under my chin and one on my shoulder. "I promise."

I nodded looking away but he pulled my chin towards him. His gaze in my eyes had me in a trace. I never realized how beautiful Derek's eyes were.

They were blue towards the pupil and got darker as the pulled out. His eyes matched his dark brown, almost black hair. He had dimples when he smiled which were so adorable.

I was lost in his ocean eyes for a while until I felt him pull closer. I knew what he was doing, he was leaning in to kiss me. I didn't want him to...it would ruin our entire friendship.

Right before our lips met, I gently pushed my head into his neck. Signaling him in the nicest way possible that I didn't want to go through with this.

He chuckled in pain but his laugh was sarcastic. I pulled away from him.

"I should get going..." I stated. I didn't want it to be more awkward then it already was. Letting go of his hand, I got up only to be hugged from behind.

Derek wrapped his arms around my waist then whispered into my ear, "please don't go."

I could hear him inhale a huge breathe of my hair. Closing his eyes he kissed my shoulder and rested his head on my neck. "Stay." He said in one word.

Derek's Pov-----------------------------------

"Stay." I said. I want her to stay with me. She's mine. I can't let this moment go.

I opened my eyes and kissed her neck softly. I loosened my grip around her waist and kissed her neck again, for a longer period of time.

"Please?" I asked into her neck. This sent shivers down her spine. I could feel it when she trembled up against my body.

"Mhh..fine." She said sighing. "I'll stay, but I can't stay that much longer."

Kc turned to face me. She wrapped her arms around my neck, placing her head on my shoulder. I moved my arms so they were just at her waist.

I was tempted so bad to put my hands in her back pocket, but I knew it'd make things weird. Kc sat in my arms for a minute but finally broke free.

She was still in my arms, with a little space in between. I slid my hands into her back pockets while she rested her hands on my chest.

God, her eyes, her smile, all over her beauty shinned bright. The way her hair fell on her face without even trying. How her eyes danced in the sun. When her smile appeared on her face. Everything about Kc was beautiful.

She was just staring into my eyes, like she was trying to figure me out. Like she was trying to read my mind and my body language.

Kc realized I was looking at her and looked away. It's cute when she blushes, or gets shy.

"Kc-I.." She cut me off.

"I should really get going." She said, letting go off my hand and walking towards the door.

"Wait.." I grabbed her hand at the last minute just as she grabbed the door.

Kc turned towards me with no eye contact. "What?"

Her gaze finally fell upon mine and our eyes met. I was to chicken to actually say it...so I substituted my words.

"I'll see you in school tomorrow."

I was so pissed at myself. I wanted to tell Kc how I really felt, but I couldn't.

I want Mckenzie. Mckenzie is mine and only mine. Seth doesn't deserve her. After everything he's done to us...to me. He needs a little shit in his life. Hopefully she'll take my advice. Hopefully she wont talk to him, and she'll just avoid him. It'll kill him....but then she won't be his. And I'll talk her....then he'll feel the pain I felt.