Chapter 6: A Night

Kenzie's Pov------------------------------------

He was holding me tightly in his arms. Not squeezing me, but not awkwardly hugging me either.

We stayed in that position for a solid minute then he let me free from is grasp. He smiled at me slightly.

Moving the dangling hair from my left cheek, he gazed deep into my blue eyes like I meant something to him.

It was nice. Peaceful. Calm. And sort of...romantic?

I questioned that last thought but soon waved it off my mind.

I felt my cheek grow warm, too not only notice a blush appearing, but also his hand still laying on my cheek.

His hands were soft as they cupped my cheeks. I looked down with a small smile.

Seth lifted his other hand up to my chin, and brought my face to his face. I couldn't help but stare into his eyes. They were so hypnotizing.

A blush slowly grew on his cheeks. But his was light. Much lighter then mine.

He surprised me with a small comment "You look so beautiful."

I giggled softly into his shoulder. But I moved back so we were facing each other again. "Thank you."

My smile had grown wider and brighter. Everything in this moment was perfect. I just wish I had a picture to capture the pure beauty of it all.

Just then, he gazed into my eyes and peered at my lips. Seconds later, with one hand on my cheek and the other under my chin still, he leaned in. Before he kissed me he stopped and breathed in, like he was trying to decide if it would be okay with me. It left me breathe less. I exhaled to his inhale. His eyes finally close as he made his move. He then proceeded and kissed me softly.

Sliding his one hand to the back of my neck, he pulled my body closer to his. I wrapped one arm around him and one held a fist full of his shirt.

My mind hadn't completely processed the moment of state we were in. I left that aside, reminiscing in the perfect moment. I was kissing Seth. Seth was kissing me.

We both pulled away in sync. Our breath was heavy with the long kiss. I loosened my grip on his shirt and put my forehead against his. The hand laying on my cheek had slid down to my waist.

My mind was over ran with thoughts. It was dead silent, but not awkward quietness.

Seth grabbed my hand and led me down stairs. Once we landed on the ground floor he let go.

"Wrap your arm around my neck." I did as he told me without a second thought. Then he bridle style picked me up.

I laughed and giggled. What was he doing?

He carried me into the living room and plopped me softly onto his nice black couch.

Grabbing the remote, he turned on the tv and switched the channel to Awkward on MTV.

We cuddled in silence for an hour. I thought it was nice that we got to spend this time together, but one thought never left my mind.

Seth might actually give a damn about me.

Hours later I left Seth's home and went to my own. I immediately group texted the girls asking for a girls night. Each agreed that we all would go to Katie's house.

Ten minutes later I was ready and leaving. My brother was in a rage with Dad when I left, so I didn't interrupt them to say bye. Instead I walked over to my mom and kissed her on the cheek.