8: The Plan

*Alexis' pov* 

"Kasey," I called to her from outside her door. I heard that Brayson left from Mom and Dad has they were leaving to work. It was Sunday, so I was going to try and find him. I got a ride from Logan who agreed to help me look. I told him to go look at some of their friends house well I asked Kasey if she knew. 

"Yes?" Kasey asked opening the door, but a screen door still blocked us. I tried to see if Brayson was behind her, but I gave up on that quickly. 

"Hi, um this is kind of weird to ask you." 

"What is it?" 

"Is my brother Brayson Jane here? He ran out of the house last night, and I just wanted to know where he is out. I don't have to see him, but if he is here, will you let him know that Mom and Dad feel terrible about what they said and what to talk it out with him." 

"Alexis?" I heard Brayson ask, and he walked up behind Kasey. She smiled at him, and walked away from us. Brayson opened the door and walked out giving me a hug. He took me in his arms and looked around. "Is Mom and Dad here?" 

"They are at work," I answered looking up at his dull blue eyes. 

"Good. I don't want to talk to them." 

"Brayson, don't you think you are over reacting?" 

"No. You should have heard how they were talking to me. It was like I was five, not seventeen." 

"But Brayson-" 

"Alexis, I'm leaving." 

"What?" 

"I'm leaving the state. I'm tired of being know has the child of Patrick and Missy Jane. I'm tired of them yelling at me for small things, I'm tired of this place. I'm leaving, and I want you to come with me." 

"Me? How me?" 

"You're my little sister and I want to take care of you." 

"What about Austin?" 

"You can come back to him after this all blows over. Please Alexis, I need you to come with me." 

"But I don't know. I don't think it is right to leave Mom and Dad." 

"Alexis please." 

I thought about what he was saying. He needed me to come with him, and I knew I couldn't talk him out of leaving. He was going to leave no matter what I say. I sighed thinking about how hurt Mom and Dad will be when they learn about this, but Brayson needs me. 

"Okay," I said and he hugged me. He pulled away and looked at me with a smile. 

"Thanks sis," he sighed and went back inside and came out with his keys in hand. We walked down the street and went inside his car. We took off for home, and we got ourselves lunch. I had a sandwich and he had some salad that Mom must have made for later. I had a turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato with mayo on it. It was really good. 

"So what do we need?" I asked him and he thought about it. 

"Well we are going to need cloths, shoes, anything you can't live without, and all that stuff," he answered. "Just think of it like we are moving. Nothing big." 

"Okay. So you ready to go pack?" 

"Sure. You want to help me?" 

"Sure." 

We got up and went to Brayson's room. We got a suitcase and started to put his cloths in it. We worked on the stuff he wanted to take, and then we worked on my stuff. We planed when we were going, where we were going, all that stuff. We had a plan, and it seemed like it was perfect. We might have pulled through if what happened next didn't happen. 

The phone started to ring, the house phone. Brayson was busy trying to fit something in one of the suitcases, so I had to answer it. I picked it up since I saw it was the CBI base. Probably Mom trying to tell me something. I was surprised when it was Lisbon who was on the other end. 

"Alexis?" she asked me. 

"Yes Lisbon?" I asked making Brayson look up from what he was doing. 

"I have some bad news to tell you." 

"Then why are you calling here and not Mom and Dad? I mean wouldn't that be easier on-" 

"Your mom and dad are the problem," she interrupted me. I was thinking about what could be wrong, and the truth hit me. I wasn't ready for it yet. It can't happen now. In the rush to try and get out of the state, Brayson and I forgot all about what was to come. 

"Oh no," I sighed before she ever said the words. Her worry and upset tone was clear that my thought was right. Poor Mom and Dad. 

"I'm afraid I think you are right," she said, and Brayson took the phone so he could hear what she was hearing with me. "Jane and Thomas were taken by the Red Stars." 

"What?" Brayson asked. 

"I'm so sorry. We did everything we could, but-" 

"We're coming over there Lisbon," Brayson told her. 

"Brayson, I don't think that-" 

"I don't care! We are coming no matter what you say." 

"Okay, just be careful." 

"We will," I told her, and we got ready to go. I saw that all the anger Brayson had at Mom and Dad was now gone, and its place was worry and grief. I knew what he was thinking. The last thing he said to them was that he wanted the Red Stars to take them now. He didn't mean it, but it still hurt them. I followed him to the car hoping that Mom and Dad were okay.  

Meh, wasn't my best chapter, but wasn't my worst! I'm sorry it wasn't really good like the others, or maybe you did think that it was good. I don't know. I learned something new: Jane can dance. I didn't really remember that, and when I was watching one of the episodes I was like, "He can dance?!?! What the hell?!?!?" Haha, he's pretty good too. Alright, I don't have much to say now. Peace out my Stars!