15: Remember Me

*Brayson's pov* 

"Where they there?" I asked Cho has he walked in. This felt like the millionth time the guys went out to find them. Cho shock his head and sat down looking at his desk. Rigsby came in after, followed by VanPelt and Lisbon. They all looked disappointed, has did we. Alexis flopped on the couch and I just sat in the chair I was in before. I looked around the office and my eyes landed on Mom's desk. On it sat three picture frames. One was of her and her family, the second of her and Dad on there honeymoon, and the third was of Alexis and I. We were only three and four at the time when it was taken. I looked at it for a long time than realized that Mom was in it, but Dad was missing. Mom had a strange frown on her face, and she looked like she had just finished crying. I walked over and picked it up walking back to my seat. Alexis looked over my shoulder to see it also. 

"Do you know where Dad is?" I asked her hoping the others didn't hear. 

"No," she answered looking at Mom. "Maybe he is taking the picture?" 

"Dad taking the picture?" 

"You're right. Maybe they know where he is." 

"Maybe. Rigsby?" I asked him. The others had left the room, and only he remand. He looked up and looked at the picture in my hands. He looked at the desk, then he looked back at me.  

"Yes Brayson?" he asked me. 

"Where is Dad in this picture?" I asked him handing the picture over. He looked at the date, then he said. He gave it back looking upset about something. 

"He was in a coma at the time," he answered at I just looked at him in shock. Dad was in a coma? I knew he was killed once and brought back to live once, but a coma? Never told me. 

"What made him go into a coma?" Alexis asked looking at the photo. VanPelt walked in when she asked the question. 

"What made who go into a coma?" she asked and Rigsby looked up. 

"Jane," he answered and she nodded. What else had my parents kept from us? 

"It was a bullet close to his heart," VanPelt answered. "Neither Rigsby or I were there, so you will have to ask Lisbon or Cho. We don't know much about what happened. All I know is that Jane lost a lot of blood and it cut off the flow to his brain a bit. That is what but him in a coma." 

"Okay," I said looking back down at the picture. Why would Mom keep this. I sighed thinking about the secrets Mom and Dad kept from us. Were there any more we should know? I put the picture down and saw Cho making a cup of coffee. I walked in and grabbed one of the bagels they bought. I didn't really look and saw it was the strawberry one. Cho grabbed one also, and before he left I called his name. He looked at me with a puzzled look making me sigh. Maybe I should ask Lisbon, I thought. She would put it easier. I also knew that Cho would tell me where she would not. 

"What happened the day Dad went into a coma?" I asked him, and it looked like the question puzzled him. 

"What?" he asked. "How did you find out?" 

"Rigsby told me," I answered. 

"He shouldn't have told you. To answer the question there was a man. He was guilty of murder attempt of murder. He won't be getting out if you are wondering. Anyway, when we went to arrest him he grabbed Jane and told us to put our guns down. Thomas tried to talk him out of shooting Jane, but he did it anyway. Thomas was the one who knew more about it then the rest of us. I'm sorry this is all I can tell you. I'm sure Jane and Thomas had a good reason to keep this from you." 

"I'm sure they did too," I said walking out of the door thanking him. I walked back to were Alexis sat. She looked up and smiled at me. 

"Did you figure it out?" she asked me with a smile. I smiled back at her. 

"I did," I answered and she looked at me. 

"Are you going to tell me?" 

"Later." 

"Okay. Hey Brayson." 

"Yeah?" 

"I have some news of my own." 

"What is it?" 

"I'm taking a training course that Lisbon offered me." 

"You are?" I asked looking at her. She had her heart set to become an artiest, I wonder what changed her mind. 

"Listen to what I have to say first! She asked me last night, and I didn't really know. Then I looked it up and saw that there are people who draw suspects and stuff for a living. I thought made I could do that and become a cop like Mom used to be. What do you think?" 

"If that is what you want to do sis, than I think it is great," I told her hugging her with one of my arms. She smiled at me and than walked into Lisbon's office. I'm glad Alexis has a plan for her future, unlike me. I don't know what I am good at to do. I know I don't want anything to do with this career. I want to be far away from a place that I will be compared to my parents or even my sister. I just didn't want to do it. 

I was going to find Mom and Dad, than I was going to be down with a live of crime fighting. 

So how was that? I thought it was good, don't you? I wonder when they will find them... Really I have no idea or even close. I want at least 20 chapters, so you have 5 more at least. I really don't know. I will have to talk it over with my royal advisor first, haha. So I will let you know a chapter soon, I promise! So keep a look out for that. Alright, peace out my Stars!