10: How About a Movie?

*Alexis' pov* 

I sat on my bed in the room Uncle Louis gave me to sleep in. I had just got home from school, and I didn't know if I thought news of Mom and Dad would come, but there wasn't any. I was working on the project that was due tomorrow, but it was hard on me to finish it. I heard a knock on the door, and Uncle Louis walked in. 

"Are are you doing Alexis?" he asked me and I smiled. 

"I'm doing okay, I guess," I answered looking at the picture that was on my laptop. He sighed and walked over to me. 

"Alexis, I know that you don't want to be here, while at least for the reason you are here. I know how worried you are about them, but they will be fine. If Missy can live through it twice, she can live through it again and bring Patrick with her." 

"Thanks Louis," I told him and he smiled. He looked at my laptop and looked back at me. 

"What is this?" he asked. 

"A project for school." I answered. "We have to make a slide show about our parents. Only the teacher will see it, and it is due tomorrow. I just have to get the last few minutes in. Has to be over nine minutes and under fifteen. Do you want to see it?" 

"Sure. What about you parents?" 

"Different things. I chose the rocky relationship they had, but how smooth it is now." 

I pushed the button that would play the slide show. It played all the way through, and when it was over, Louis looked over at me with a smile. 

"I think you did a wonderful job," he told me and I smiled. 

"I tried. I really hope those songs bring the point out also." 

"I think it described what they feel towards each other. Patrick always did tell me that he never thought that he would need someone has bad has he needs Missy. The song you used for Missy sounds like she wrote it for him. I think it is perfect the way it is." 

"Well I have to get the rest of the song in for the ending, but it is going to stay the way it is. Thanks Uncle Louis," I said giving him a hug. He hugged back and left. I worked on the project and was done when someone else knocked on my door. It was Brayson. 

"Can I come in?" he asked me and I nodded. He sat down on my bed and sighed. "How you doing lil sis?" 

"I have been better," I answered. 

"I have too. I just think there is something we can do to help Mom and Dad instead of just sitting here doing nothing." 

"I do too. But you heard Lisbon, she won't let us help." 

"You also heard that she pretty much said that she couldn't find Mom and Dad!" 

 "She will find them. She has too." 

"Doesn't mean she can." 

"Hey, how about we go see a movie tonight to get our minds off of it?" 

"Alright. I think getting our minds off of it would be good, don't you?" 

"Yeah. We'll have to ask Louis though." 

"He'll let us go. We weren't the target, they were."  He walked out my room and came back with his car keys. I smiled at him and followed him out to the car. We drove all the way to the movie theater and bough our tickets. We watched the movie, but I only payed half attention to it. I didn't even catch the name. I manly agreed to this movie so Brayson would stop beating himself up about Mom and Dad. I missed them, but I knew that Lisbon would find them and when she did, that everything would be okay. I hoped anyway.  

This was more of a throw away chapter. Nothing big happened, just talking about the kids. Not even that long. So sorry if you found it pointless. I did also, but if I make what is going to happen in the next chapter, then this book would be going a faster speed than I wanted. Haha, so again, sorry, or am I? Peace out my Stars!