22: Where's Dad?

*Brayson's pov* 

We pulled up to the place VanPelt told us to go. I was so exited. Mom and Dad were found. The Red Stars wouldn't have them anymore, and I could finally sleep at peace. I got out and looked around the place. People were being pushed into police cars, paramedics were treating the injured, and I saw the CBI team here and there. What I didn't see was Mom or Dad. 

"Were are they?" Alexis asked looking around. I was also looking every where. I didn't see them. Then one of the cars pulled away and I saw a woman sitting on a stretcher. She was holding ice to her face, and her black hair was in tangles. Her clothing was stained with dirt and blood, and her pale skin looked darker than it should of. I knew if she turned around her eyes would be a dull green. I looked at Alexis and she smiled with me. We walked over and I typed her shoulder. She turned around, and he sad face turned into a smile. I placed my arms around her, crying tears of joy. 

"Brayson," she sighed and then she looked at both of us. "Alexis. Are you both okay?" 

"Of course we are," I told her looking at the ice. 

"What about you?" Alexis asked and Mom laughed. 

"I have been better," she answered and we both laughed. Alexis hugs her and I can see that what was troubling her before was gone. Then I notice something. 

"Mom," I start looking around, "where is Dad?" 

"What sweetie?" Mom asked looking at me. 

"Where is Dad?" Alexis ask and I got nervous. Mom's already pale skin was drained of all color. Her eyes fell and the smile on her face was gone. I saw that something was wrong, and the tears in her eyes proved it. 

"Mom," I said taking her hand in my own. "Where is Dad?" 

"I don't know," Mom answered looking me in the eyes, the mark on her cheek clear. "I don't know where he is." 

"What do you mean?" Alexis asked wiping the tears from her eyes. 

"They took him," she answered looking at both of us. "Bill was trying to kiss me, maybe even more. They lead Patrick into the room and I saw him. Bill told the men to take him away so that I would never see him again. I don't know where he is, what they have done to him. All I know is that he is alive." 

"How?" I ask her not wanting to believe what I am hearing. Dad gone? No, he couldn't be gone. We just found them. 

"They told me that he wouldn't be killed until I died. I'm so sorry I couldn't stop them," she cried and pulled us closer to her. I felt her tears hit our heads, but I was busy trying to stop my own tears. Dad was gone, and we would never see him again. I spent so long trying to find both of them, and it turns out I could only save one. I heard Alexis cry, and I finally stopped trying to fight the tears. 

"Mom," I said and she looked at me wiping the tears like she did when I was little. This was the first time, though, that she shared the tears. "Will you sing us a song?" 

"What song do you want to hear?" she asked me and I thought and whispered it in her ears. She smiled and the words come off her lips in sweet music I had to lean against her chest. Alexis did the same, and I thought about if we were home Dad was be sitting in a chair watching us. He was always watching us when we were doing things like this.  

"Mom?" Alexis asked when the song was over and Mom wiped her tears also. 

"Yes dear?" she asked. 

"Can we go home?" she asked and Mom smiled. 

"Home sounds wonderful," she answered and stood up. I lead her to the car and she got in the driver's seat. I sat beside her and Alexis sat in the back. We drove home and than Mom changed and showered. She threw the clothing she just got out of in the trash. I don't blame her; those clothes held too many memories that she didn't want. 

"Hey Mom," I said and she looked up from getting a drink. "Do you remember what Dad said about remembering red?" 

"Of course," she answered sitting down across from the both of us. "Why?" 

"Is this one of those moments?" Alexis asked and Mom ran her finger around the edge of the cup, clearly thinking. Mom had a bad habit of doing things with her hands while she was thinking. 

"It is," she answered. "But we all chose what we remember, and what are those red memories. Some might say this isn't one, but it is to us." 

"Mom, you need to go to sleep," I told her seeing her tired eyes. She smiled at the both of us. 

"We all need to," she told me and I smiled. She lead us up the stairs and to our rooms. I slipped under the covers, and fell asleep, dreaming everything was back to normal. 

One chapter left! I have nothing to talk about, so I'll let you enjoy this chapter. Peace out my Stars!