1: You're a Pest

"Brayson!" I heard Mom yell at me. I groaned at looked at the clock and saw that I had to get up now if I wanted to be on time to school. I got up and stretched. I grabbed a pair of jeans and a green shirt. I put on the cloths quickly and hurried down the stairs.

I saw Mom making breakfast with Dad sitting at the table drinking a cup of tea and reading a book. Alexis was also there, but she was drawing a picture of something. I walked behind her and saw it was a flower, or at least it's steam. To get back at her for taking my headphones, when she was taking a drink of the water, I took the paper from her.

"Brayson!" she called and I looked at it. This was probably one of her best pictures yet, but it was still fun to mess with my little sis.

"Yes?" I asked her still holding the drawling.

"Give it back, Mrs. Jeans will have my grade and head if I don't get that finished by tomorrow!"

"Well I guess you are going to have to redraw it, aren't you? Or maybe we could say we're sorry about taking my headphones!"

"You two make it hard to read," Dad said with a smile on his face. I ran my hand throw my dirty blond hair I got from him.

"Sorry Dad, but Brayson took my drawling!" Alexis told him and he looked at me.

"Now Brayson, give your sister back the, what is it?"

"A flower. Is it hard to tell?" she asked looking at it when I gave it to her.

"No, I couldn't see it by the way Brayson was holding it."

"Losing your touch Patrick?" Mom asked him putting plates and food on the table. Her sitting next to Alexis you could think they were sisters. Alexis had black hair that was just a bit wavy, but other than that it looked like Mom's. Her skin was the same shade has her's, but the eyes were different. Where Mom's eyes were a pale green, Alexis had sparkling blue eyes from Dad. I had them too, but mine were duller than hers due to the fact her contacts bring out the blue in the color. I had more stright hair, but other than that, I looked like Dad.

"Not at all Missy," Dad answered. It was true; Dad was still the best at what he does. My dad was a consultant for the CBI and used his key power of observation after is wife and daughter were murdered. That happen a long time before he meant Mom. She was an agent of the CBI which means Dad helps her a lot. Dad's name is Patrick Jane, and Mom's is Missy Jane.

"If you say so," Mom told him with a smile. She sat down and told me to do the same.

"How long are you going to be at work Mom?" Alexis asked taking a bit of the bacon Mom made.

"I wish I knew sweetie," Mom answered. "We have a case, and it's not going so while at the moment."

"What's wrong with it?"

"We can't find the suspect that we thought we had. Either he ran or he was taken. But don't worry about it Alexis, we'll get him."

"You always do," I said finishing my breakfast and stood up grabbing my backpack. "Bye Dad, bye Mom, love ya!"

"Love you too," Mom said back.

"Bye Brayson," Dad told me with a smile. I waited for Alexis to grab her stuff and tell Mom and Dad bye, then I took her to school. I was a seventeen year old and a junior in high school. Alexis was fourteen years old, and a freshman. I guess you could say I am a protective brother, but I know that Alexis can take care of herself. She knows I'm not going to let her walk into danger without me right next to her.

"So how is Austin?" I asked her, and she smiled down at her hands.

"He's fine," she answered.

"He treating my little sister right?"

"Of course he is. You know Austin."

"I do, that's why I asked."

"Brayson!"

"Alexis!"

"You are a pest at times," she told me has I parked the car. She got out grabbing her bag, her black hair on her white top. She was wearing blue jeans and a very nice white top, and had light make up on, even though she didn't need it. I got my bag out and walked with her to her group of friends. The only one I was close with was Austin, and only because we went to day care with my cousin Lisa for so long.

"Bye Lexi," I told her making her glare at me. She hated to be called that, so, being the big brother I am, I call her that at times.

"Bye Brayson," she said rolling her eyes and took Austin's hand in hers. If I had to chose anyone to date her, it would be Austin Carter. His hair went up in a spiked type way, and he had brown eyes. I really wasn't the best at describing people yet. I was learning, but it was still pretty new. I guess the genes from Dad didn't come to me.

"Hey Brayson!" my best friend Logan called to me. He came running at me with the long brown hair and grey eyes. He had tan skin and a huge smile on his face.

"Yeah?" I asked him.

"Did you hear about Amanda's party?"

"What party?"

"Ya know, the one she is having in two weeks. Her parents are going to be away, so we are going to party till the break of dawn!"

"Nice, but you know Mom won't let me go."

"But your dad will. I know Mr. Jane, he is cool."

"Yes, but Mrs. Jane is a good parent."

"Come on, if he says yes, then you can go, no matter what your mom says!"

"You clearly do not know my parents."

"Come on dude, it won't be a party without Brayson Jane there!"

"I'll ask, but if she says yes I'll probably have to bring Alexis."

"We all love her; she's the cool freshman."

"Jee thanks. I have to get to class, see you at lunch!"

We said our bye's and I went to Algebra 2 class. It was a long class that I hated, but hey, what can ya do?

 I don't know if I am happy or sad about this book. I love writing more in the Jane family, but this is the last book! I will have to say good bye to writing in Missy, Patrick, Brayson, and Alexis' pov. I don't know, maybe I could make one more? Maybe? Probably not, but hey, I can hope, right? Haha, so Brayson Lee Jane to the side. Isn't he good looking? He made my friend chock on a banana she was eating, haha. So enjoy the first chapter of Remembering Red! Peace out my Stars!