Chapter Fifteen: Heart Crumble

So I realized how far behind this book is compared to my doc, I mean this is chapter 15 but my doc has 24 chapters... anyway this is sort of a long book so bear with guys lmao. I promise I have an ultra cool ending for you

+++

I couldn't have asked for a better girl hangout.

It was a little after four, and we were lazing around the lounge, binging on candy and junk food, while watching one of my all time favourites; Mean Girls.

"Ughh, I hate Regina George, but at the same time you can't help love her," Nita groaned.

"Tell me about it. I hate the way she treats people, but she's the freaking queen of all the bitches," I agreed.

"She slays, but like in a totally bitchy way," Ley chipped in.

"You're all so weird," was Lissie's reply.

"Whatever Lissie," we all dismissed. We were used to Lissie being all high and mighty when it came to chick flicks. It's not that Lissie hated them, she just wasn't overly fond of them.

"Hey, can we watch Clueless next?" I asked, licking my spoon. The summer season was over, meaning the colder days of fall were about to come, so we had decided to get rid of the ice cream now. Thank goodness Tommy was at college, or he would have lost it. He hates it when I finish the ice cream. Oh well.

"Yeah, ok. Only cause I love Cher though," Nita replied, the others nodding absentmindedly.

A couple hours later, we had finished both movies, and the lounge was an utter mess, the beige couches littered with dirty dishes and empty wrappers.

"Well, let's clean up before Tommy and Mum get home. Don't want them to flip out."

Ten minutes later, we had cleaned everything up and everyone was leaving before Mum or Tommy came home. Mum's stance on last minute plans still hadn't changed, so they all had to leave, now.

"You're all getting home ok?" I asked. They had all come with me, getting members of their family to pick their cars up from school.

"Yup. Summer offered to drop us home, seeing as her car is next door," Ley answered.

"Ok, bye. Now shoo, before my mum catches you!"

No sooner had Summer sped off with them, had my mum come home, Tommy trailing after her.

"How was your day, Linda?" Mum asked, not actually caring, just being polite.

"It was ok," I supplied.

She wasn't even listening, and Tommy, who also noticed this, gave me an apologetic smile. I shrugged in response, as if to say 'I never expected anything else.'

Later that night, after getting ready for bed, I checked my phone for messages. I had one from Nita and one from Ryan.

Nita's one read;

Did your mum catch you being rebellious?

Linda:

No, she doesn't pay that much attention. You get home alright?

Nita:

Yeah. Mum and dad just asked how I was, where I was and how you were. The usual. Anyway, I gtg sleep now. Ttyl, xx.

Linda:

Ok, ttyl. Sleep well xx.

I quickly checked Ryan's message, which read;
Do you still want more revenge on Sabrina? Cause, if you hadn't noticed, I'm actually quite good at it ;) Text me tomorrow Linda, I'm gonna sleep now.