Chapter Twenty-One: Jello

"Wake up!"

I groaned, feeling the weight of somebody on my cool, blue sleeping bag.

"Geddoff," I moaned, exhausted beyond belief.

When I felt the person get off me, I sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I saw Nita, Ley and Lissie standing around my sleeping bag.

"What do you guys want?"

"Let's go swimming!" Ley exclaimed.

"No."

"Come on Linda, you know you want to. Summer's already down there, waiting for us," Lissie pleaded.

"Nope."

Suddenly all three of them were hoisting me up, while I screamed and kicked at them.

"Let me down! Let me go!"

They carried me out of the tent, passing the boys' tents as if it were normal to carry a screaming, kicking teen girl down to the lake. The only thing I could see was the green foliage overhead, and calming as it was, it didn't stop the shrieks and pleas escaping my mouth.

"What's going on?" Ryan asked.

"Just accompanying Linda down to the lake for a swim. Care to join?" Nita replied as calmly as if she were asking Ryan whether he thought it was about to rain.

"Sure!"

I groaned. "Why are you guys torturing me?"

"Because you need to have fun!" Lissie chirped.

"I promise I'll go in the water if you let me down!"

"Too late, sister," Ley retorted.

Soon enough we were at the lake's edge.

"Ready?" Nita asked.

"No!" I screamed at the same time the others said "Yup!"

I squeezed my eyes shut, ready for the impact of falling into the freezing water. I waited. And waited.

I opened my eyes, confused. Lissie, Nita and Ley all grinned at me before gently setting me down on the bank of the lake.

"What are you guys-"

I was cut off as Summer and Taylor appeared, both holding buckets of water and letting the fluid cascade over me. The chilling water froze my bones, my ratty old penguin top and pants soaked, sticking to my skin.

When the buckets had been emptied I sat up, spitting out water.

"Thanks a lot for that," I choked, sputtering.

"No problem Linda," Taylor grinned cheekily.

"I'm going to get changed," I announced getting up from the grassy bank.

I trudged back across the campground, the damp grass tickling my bare feet. I was halfway across the campsite when I felt a sticky substance cascade over me.

Shivering, with my teeth chattering, I turned around to see a grinning Ryan, Jacko and Sam, all three of them with buckets.

"W-where do a-all t-th-these buckets k-keep coming fr-from?" I gritted out.

"Um, they're the reason Nita couldn't take you. Well, them and the chiller Jacko brought for all the jello and food," Sam explained.

"Um, maybe you should warm up and change. We'll set up a fire to keep you warm, yeah?" Ran suggested, looking abashed at ambushing me when I'd already been attacked.

"Whatever," I muttered, trembling as I slowly walked towards my tent.

After changing, I grabbed my bottle of Fanta I'd brought, making sure the bottle was uncapped, and crept back out.

Ryan was sitting with his back to me, on the dewy grass beside a blazing fire. Nita and Taylor were sitting opposite him facing towards me and they caught my eye I made a shushing gesture, putting my finger to my lips, signalling that they should keep quiet.

They made a slight incline of their heads, subtly showing that they understood.

I continued to creep up behind Ryan, and once I was right behind him I raised the already open bottle, and let the liquid flow out.

The orange beverage dripped down Ryan's hair and onto his clothes, making him shriek and swear at the stickiness.

"What the fuck!"

He whipped around and I merely grinned slyly and waved, before running off.

I was in for it this time.

+++

A/N: Sorry for missing another update! No deds and short A/N because I'm updating in school next to my friends and I am incredibly self-conscious. Remember to cote!