08. You're A WEREWOLF?!

Skylar

When I woke up the next day, I was relieved to see that it was last sunrise. Closing the blinds took away my instant alarm clock but at that moment I didn't really care. I slipped out of the covers and pulled on some jeans. I threw on my gray hoodie over my pajama top and laced up my combat boots. Today I felt like going for a walk in the woods. I didn't really care what Derek said.

I picked up my phone and cursed when I saw it was dead. Seriously? Ugh. I guess I didn't even think about it yesterday. I sighed and plugged it in, walking out of my room. I jogged down the stairs and headed toward the counter. Everyone was up today. Hmm. Willow and Sierra were snacking on some ruffles chips while the twins, Max, and Derek are pizza. Even Monica and Chris wee there. They were drinking their daily coffee though based on the oven clock, it was way past noon.

"Morning Skylar." Everyone echoed, minus Willow of course, but I couldn't have cared less.

"Morning." I muttered, great fully accepting the pizza Derek held out to me. I munched on it slowly.

"So Derek tells us you had a long day yesterday." Monica said. "You okay?"

I grimaced. Not really but that didn't matter. They didn't know. "Yeah." I finished chewing my pizza and wiped my hands on my jeans. "I'm gonna go for a walk. Be back later."

"Okay." Chris said. "Just be careful."

I nodded and walked out the door. "Wait, Skylar!" I heard Derek call but I shut the door, pretending I hadn't heard him and quickly darted around the house. He wasn't going to stop me from going in the woods.

After checking that he wasn't following me, I took off in the woods, down the path. Of course I hadn't thought about last time I was in the woods. Well maybe that's good. Run into another wolf. It might kill you. Perfect. At least Daniel won't get the chance.

Hey! Let's not get suicidal here. Daniel was bad but that was worse. I tried to clear my thoughts as I ran down the path and up the familiar ravine. I stopped at the top. It led down to a small river.

I thought for a moment. I'd really like to see what was on the other side of that river but something was keeping me on this side.

My mental debate was interrupted when I heard voices. I froze. I knew those voices. I turned back the way I came and found a clearing to the left not 10 feet away from the ravine. I stood in the entrance, concealed enough by the extra bushes but out in the open enough that I could see it was.

It was Ryan. And Daniel. What the heck? Why was Ryan talking to Daniel?

"So I see you've been taking an interest in Skylar, Alpha." Daniel said my name scornfully. They were talking about me? What was going on? Alpha?

"Yes." Ryan growled. I'm sorry what? Did he just...growl? Like a dog? "How is that any of your concern?"

"It is plenty of my concern." Daniel growled right back. Okay seriously was something wrong with their throats or something? "Because she's mine."

I froze at that. I was not his. I never was and I never will be. I shuddered.

"You won't touch her!" Ryan yelled, his voice echoing throughout the clearing, making a few birds chirp and fly away.

"Oh really?" Daniel smirked. "And how are you going stop me?"

I heard some cracking noises and pops and suddenly Daniel.....shifted......into......the same giant gray wolf from the park! Holy shit! I scrambled back, falling on my butt. He was-he was a freaking wolf!! How does that even make sense?