23. The Price

Skylar

"I think this color is pretty." I said, pointing to the ocean blue nail polish.

Lish, Renee (surprisingly), Chloe, Gracie, Maggie, Anna, and I were all at the nail salon getting manicured and pedicures. I felt so bad honestly. I was so wrapped up in myself and Ryan the past three weeks I had almost completely forgotten about my two saving graces and the girl who went against Daniel at her own expense to help me.

So I was determined to spend as much time with them as possible. They had said they weren't mad at all. In fact, Maggie and Gracie were just happy I'd gotten back to Ryan and Anna was off enjoying her own freedom.

"I kinda forgot about you too." She had admitted sheepishly and we had both laughed about it. Even so, I still felt bad.

"Of course you do." Renee said, rolling her eyes while picking a dark purple.

"And of course you'd go for the purple." I said, sticking my tongue out at her.

Lish smiled at me. "I think it's a lovely color, Skylar."

"Yeah." Chloe said, popping up next to her with a smirk. "Kinda reminds you of a certain someone's eyes, huh?"

I blushed scarlet and turned around, grabbing the nail polish and sitting down in one of the massage chairs. A few days ago, my friends and family had been so kind to give Ryan and I a photo album titled The Unforgettable Moments of Skylar Nightly and Ryan Lancaster. It had photos from when we took that picture when I was seven months and he was two to the day we were sitting and looking at the pictures.

Maggie had explained that that had been her doing. She had taken the picture and used her witch powers to put it in before we got to it. And when asked why I never saw her afterwards, she just smirked and said, 'I was hiding, hoping to get another good picture'. And did she ever. She had gotten another picture that day when I had slipped in some juice that was on the floor in the kitchen and Ryan had caught me.

Chloe and Lish laughed and sat on my left side. Renee on Chloe's other side. Anna sidled up to the seat next to me while Maggie and Gracie sat next to each other in the other side of her. Anna had chosen a pretty shimmery pink color, Lish a golden yellow, Renee the dark purple from before, Chloe a silver, Maggie a shimmery green and Gracie a sunset orange.

The workers got to work on our feet while we chatted away about nonsense though somehow the topic drifted away to me and Ryan.

"So when's the wedding?" Gracie asked, a bright smile on her face.

I glared at her. "Uh I don't know, maybe after I graduate?"

Maggie laughed. "Oh come on. You're already Luna so what's stopping you?"

"Well technically speaking, she won't be Luna until the ceremony." Chloe said. "But Maggie's right. What's stopping you?"

I rolled my eyes. "I'm way too young to get married guys."

"Well, I think you should get married promptly after the ceremony." Lish said, looking up from her magazine.

I raised my eyebrows. "Uh excuse you. I don't see any of you with rings on your fingers."

Anna laughed while the others came up with excuses.

"I left the ring at home." Gracie said.

"My ring's getting cleaned." Maggie said.

"I was afraid I'd lose it." Chloe said, with a smile. She was younger than me, of course she's not married.

"You see this?" Lish said, pointing to her finger which didn't have a ring on it. "This is the finger that held a ring once."