Chapter Twenty Seven: Starting Over

It took about an hour for Gary and Ji Hyo to finish dinner.  Ji Hyo suggested they take a walk on the beach and talk things through.  They left the restaurant holding hands and walked towards the beach.

When they got to the beach, they removed their shoes and walked on the sand until they reached the edge of the shore.  It was a beautiful clear night.  The moon shined brightly up in the sky and you could clearly see thousands of stars scattered all over the sky.

"Ji Hyo, I'm so sorry about the other night....I don't know what got over me...I..."

Ji Hyo stopped walking and turned to face Gary.

"Oppa...do you know why I text you?"

"Well..., " Gary said.

"Oppa, let's sit down."

They sat down on the sand and looked out in the direction of the ocean.

"I came here because I wanted to forget you....and to forget all the hurt and pain you caused me being in this relationship."

"Ji Hyo...I'm.."

"Please oppa, let me finish....for all the pain and hurt you caused me, you showed a greater amount of affection, kindness, care and love for me....I was wrong about you oppa....your heart was always in the right place...I am sorry if I had caused so much hurt and pain to you too."

"Ji Hyo, I love you so much that I easily get jealous when I see you in the arms of someone else.... that I cannot control myself and act out when I get upset...I don't mean to hurt you or anyone else when I get this way...I'm deeply, deeply sorry for everything I did to you."

"I broke up with you Gary because I couldn't trust you being around other women."

"Ji Hyo, there's nobody else for me but you."

"Yes oppa, I know that now...I never knew how much you meant to me until I came here....I missed you....I wanted to face you and tell you that my heart always belonged you, still does and always will"

Gary grabbed Ji Hyo and hugged her.  She later put her arms around his neck and they both kissed.  She loosened her grip around his neck and looked at him lovingly in his eyes.

"Oppa, let's start over....we will forget about what happened in the past...let's just move forward with now."

"But Ji Hyo, I can't forgive myself for what I did to you that night."

Gary's head was facing down towards the sand.  He had this sorrowful, shameful and guilty look in his eyes as he expressed how deeply sorry he was for attacking her the other night.

JI Hyo gently put her hands on his lips to stop him from talking. Then she lifted up his chin and caressed his right cheek.

"We are starting over, oppa...you need to let that go....I forgive you for what you did...if I didn't, you wouldn't be here with me right now."

Then Ji Hyo whispered, "Saranghe, Gary oppa" and then sweetly kissed him on the lips.  After they kissed, Ji Hyo wanted to clear something up.

"Oppa, let's have an understanding....we are both artists...we are always with beautiful people...let's trust each other that nothing will happen with these people when we work with them...if something bothers us we will talk things through instead of getting upset, running away or walking out...is that okay with you?"

"Ah, yes that sounds good," said Gary.

With that they sealed the deal with a pinky promise like two high school lovebirds.

It was getting late, so Gary and Ji Hyo got up and walked happily back to their hotel.  Gary lovingly wrapped his arms around Ji Hyo's shoulder and she wrapped her arms around his waist. 

When they got to the door of their hotel room, Gary kissed JI Hyo passionately on the lips before lifting her up and carrying her inside.  A few seconds later, he comes out sticking the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door.