Chapter Sixty Seven: The Wedding

The big day has finally arrived. Gary and Ji Hyo were going to officially commence their wedding ceremony.  The wedding was to be held at the W Hotel Seoul Walkerhill. Over 500 people attended their wedding.  From famous celebrities to family and friends. 

It was a glorious and momentous event as friends and family came to wish the happy couple a long life together.  Many of their celebrity friends were astonished yet thrilled that Gary had finally settled down.  They knew of his difficult  and lonely life through his songs and they couldn't be happier for him to have found someone who loved him so much as Ji Hyo does. Gary felt the luckiest person on earth to have found such a precious jewel to complete and fulfill his humdrum life. 

Ji Hyo too, felt lucky to have found a wonderful man who love her for who she is and most importantly someone who could make her laugh and smile, when she is at her lowest point in her life.  Gary was the missing piece to her life puzzle.  He always brought a little bit of sunshine in her life through good times or bad.  For that, she is so grateful to have met such a dear man in her life.

The ceremony was modern yet very elegant.  They each wrote their own vows and recited it to each other in front of their loved ones.  Both their parents were so moved by what they wrote to each other.  You could see several guest wiping away tears from their eyes and they watched the happy couple express their love for one another and how it was through their deep devoted love for each other helped them to get through so many difficult challenges that came their way.  It was the minister who eloquently pointed out that it was their destiny to be together in the end.

When Gary kissed Ji Hyo in front of everyone, he showed a lot of love and passion for his wife.  As Ji Hyo started to break away from the kiss, Gary brought her closer to him and kissed her longer.  When he finally released her from his deep, passionate kiss, Ji Hyo was taken aback but his bold gesture in front of their family and friends.  She could only smile at him as she felt a little embarrassed at what had just happened.  After they kissed, they were bombarded with loud cheers and claps from their wedding guests.  They were both so overjoyed with the amount of love they were receiving from everyone.

Later, some the celebrity guests entertained the wedding party by doing several stints on how Gary and Ji Hyo first met to some of the funniest episodes they did together.  Later, it was Gary's best man Gil and closest friend and mentor, Yoo Jae Suk, who captivated the audience by showing the actual video clips of how the Monday Couple came about and how that meeting changed their lives forever. 

Gary then leads Ji Hyo to a stage and has her stand to face him while he, Gil and Jung In sing the song I Will Give My Everything to You.  Later the Running Man cast escorts Ji Hyo and Gary to the dance floor.  They each hug and shake Gary's hand, then later kiss Ji Hyo on the cheek before leaving the dance floor.  Suddenly, Ji Suk Jin signals someone to start playing the instrumental version of Leessangs You're the Answer to a Guy Like Me.  Gary smiled as he heard the music and then he looked at his beautiful bride and said, "saranghe, Ji Hyo."  In the middle of the dance, Gary sweetly kisses Ji Hyo on the lips.  When the song was over, they were just about to leave the dance floor when they heard Choi Jin Hyuk announce he would like to sing a song to the happy couple.  With a guitar player accompanying him, he then sang the song The Scent of Flower to Ji Hyo's delight.  Gary turned to Ji Hyo and put his arms around her waist.  Ji Hyo looks lovingly at Gary then gently rests her head on his shoulder. When the song was over, Gary gives Ji Hyo another kiss.  After they thanked Choi Jin Hyuk for singing to them, it was Ji Hyo's turn to surprise Gary.  She had been taking several singing lessons during her free time.  This time she had someone bring a chair for Gary, while she got on the stage and dedicated a song just for him.  She began to sing the female version of the song That Man from Secret Garden.  So she sang That Woman instead to Gary's delight.  Everyone was so shocked how beautifully she sang to Gary.  Even the cast members of running man were amazed at her voice.  As Ji Hyo was close to singing the end of the song, she comes down the stage and faces Gary, who then stands up.  When she was done singing, she softly says, "saranghe" to the audiences delight.  Then she kisses Gary sweetly on the lips and a roar or heartfelt cheers and claps surrounded them.

Towards the end of the wedding, a final toast was made by Gil.  He asks for Mr. and Mrs. Gary Kang to come up on the stage.  He looks at his dear friend and sister in law and says to them, "to the most loving people in the world, may your life be filled with endless love, prosperity, respect and understanding...may your deep love for each other help you to be strong and courageous to help you get through and overcome those dark days that may come your way and most importantly, may you fill your lives with more little bundles of joy....raise your glass to the happy couple...to Gary and Song Ji Hyo!"  Gary and Ji Hyo hug Gil for his beautiful speech.  They were so happy to have such a wonderful friend in their life.

Everyone had such a wonderful time at the wedding.  Gary and Ji Hyo felt so blessed and overjoyed to have so many people care and love them that they somewhat felt they couldn't express fully their true happiness to everyone.  Ji Hyo and Gary were later separated by friends and family as they continued to mingle with their guests.  Gary later pulls Yoo Jae Suk to the side and thanked him for convincing him to be in a variety show.  If it wasn't for him, he would never had met his wife.  Yoo Jae Suk shook Gary's hand and patted him on the back and said, "Gary ah...I couldn't be happier for the two of you....as I said before, never give up hope and never give up on love for you never know what the future holds for you....always to keep "fighting".  Gary hugged and thanked his friend with all his heart for his words of wisdom.

The wedding lasted for several hours before it finally came to an end.  Gary and Ji Hyo thanked their guests for coming as they were leaving.  There were only a handful of guests left, when Ji Hyo needed to excuse herself to go to the ladies room.  Gary then thanked the remaining guests by himself.

Later Gary went to look for his wife.  He finally found her standing in the corner of the room near a plant.  She had just come out of the restroom and was trying to adjust her dress.  He then went to his wife,  took her to the side and told her what Yoo Jae Suk told him.  Ji Hyo was so happy to hear such wonderful words from a dear friend. 

She had more wonderful news to tell Gary when she whispered something in his ear.  Gary's eyes grew wide open and his mouth opened wide.  He then looks at his wife and says, "Are you sure?"  Ji Hyo then nods her head in shyness.  Gary then hugs her with all her might and then kisses her lovingly on the lips. 

After they kissed, Gary took his wife's hand and gently places it on his arm. 

"It's finally official...you are now Mrs. Gary Kang and I love you with all my heart."   They kiss one last time before walking out the door happily in each other's arm.

Author's Note: 

I would like to thank all my wonderful readers and followers for taking the time to read my stories.  I hope you had enjoyed reading them as much as I had enjoyed writing them.  I appreciated your support and encouragement throughout my adventure in creating these stories. Although I'm ending this story, please wait for the continuation coming May 2014.