Chapter Sixty Four: The Choice

Gary asked Ji Hyo's parents to not let her know he was coming to see her in America.  He reassured his future in laws that he will make everything right with her.  Ji Hyo's parents were very happy to hear that Gary realizes his mistakes.  They wholeheartedly gave their blessings for him to after her and they promised to not let her know he is on his way to be with her.  Gary respectfully thanked his future in laws for their blessings, for telling him where Ji Hyo was staying and for not informing Ji Hyo that he is flying out to meet her in America.

Shin Joon Soo became a wonderful companion for Ji Hyo.  He helped Ji Hyo forget about her troubles back in Korea, especially her feelings towards Gary.  When Ji Hyo left Korea with Hyun Ki, she was so distraught and hurt by Gary's decision to break of their marriage because his ex girlfriend came back in his life.  She felt the world had crumbled around her and she was left alone to walk on this earth.  It was the worse feeling she ever experienced and she didn't want to ever go through that pain again, so she closed her eyes and shut the door to love. 

Things suddenly turned around after she met Joon Soo.  He helped her find her way back to life again, when she was down.  Going out to dinner, watching movies, taking afternoon walks on the weekend at the park with her son, visiting museums helped Ji Hyo forget about what had happened to her with Gary.  Every moment they spent together lessened the frown on Ji Hyo's face. Eventually her frown turned into a smile as he helped bring laughter back into her life again.  They both enjoyed being with each other.  It was just a matter of time before something started to develop between the two of them.

Ji Hyo and Joon Soo went out to dinner one night, while her friend watched little Hyun Ki.  Her friend eagerly watched Hyun Ki in hopes Ji Hyo and Joon Soo would become an item.  After dinner, he escorted her back to the front steps of her friends apartment building.

"Thank you so much for dinner...I had a wonderful time," she said.

"I had a great time too," he said.

"Well, drive home safely and good night," she timidly said to him.

"Ji Hyo...wait...I...uh..."

Joon Soo stumbled at his words.  He began to grow fond of Ji Hyo but didn't know how to tell her how he felt about her.  So there was only one thing he could do to express his feelings towards her.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" she asked.

"Yes..just this," he said. 

Joon Soo took Ji Hyo in his arms and began kissing her softly on the lips.  Ji Hyo stood their like a stick with her hands and arm on the side, with her eyes wide open as he was trying to passionately kiss her on the lips.  When he finally broke off the kiss, he was so ashamed at his brazen move that he apologized to her for his actions.  He released his arms around Ji Hyo and slowly took a few steps back.

"Ji Hyo...I...I'm so sorry...I shouldn't had kissed you like that...It's just that we have been spending a lot of time together and tonight I...I just couldn't help myself...and I still can't."

"Hmph," Ji Hyo says as he kisses her again.

This time, Ji Hyo responds to his kiss and puts her arms around his neck.

When they finally separated from each other, Ji Hyo happened to look to her left side only to see, Gary oppa standing there staring at them.  Gary drops the bouquet of roses on the ground and turns and walks away.  Ji Hyo looks at Joon Soo and tells him she's sorry and then goes after Gary.  By the time she runs to the corner of the block, Gary had disappeared.  Surprised to see Gary, she searches for her phone in her bag.  Once she grabs her phone, she notices that their was a text message and voice mail left behind by Gary.  She didn't notice those messages because she had silenced her phone when she went out with Joon Soo.