Chapter Twenty Four: How Could He?

Gary dropped Ji Hyo at her apartment.  The minute she got out of the car and closed the door, he took off.  He had nothing to say to her.  His feelings for her have been tarnished from her inability to forgive him.  What can he do to make her take him back?  He was having mixed emotions about moving on with his life with someone else or continue to hold to a love that is lost.

To keep her mind away from Gary, Ji Hyo ,kept an open mind about seeing other people.  It was Saturday night and Ji Hyo decided to call up some of her closest friends to go out dancing and drinking.  For fun, she invited Kwang Soo to join her.  She didn't know that Kwang Soo had just spoken to Gary, who also made plans to go out drinking and dancing.  Gary also made arrangements to bring a date with him. 

Kwang Soo's heart was in the right place but how he went about trying to get the two back together was sometimes questionable.  He agreed to meet up with Ji Hyo and her girlfriends but requested to go to a club that someone recommended.  She had no problem with his request. 

Kwang Soo was feeling good about himself as he escorted four beautiful women into the club.  Ji Hyo wore a white chiffon off the shoulder top, black leather mini skirt and black stilettos.  Her friends were also dressed in sexy outfits, drawing the attention of most of the single men in the club.  Kwang Soo got them a table where they ordered drinks.  Later, they all went to the dance floor and started dancing.  Everyone was having a wonderful time until one of Ji Hyo's girlfriends spotted Gary dancing with another woman.

Ji Hyo, followed by her girlfriends and Kwang Soo went back to their table.  Her girlfriends were suspicious why JI Hyo was acting funny when they saw Gary oppa dancing with someone.  To throw them off their suspicious scent, Ji Hyo told them that she just wanted to rest a bit before heading back to the dance floor. 

Just then, a young, handsome man approached Ji Hyo and asked her to dance.  She looked at her girlfriends and they were all nodding their heads.  So Ji Hyo and the the young man stepped onto the dance floor.  The music went from fast to slow.  Gary who was nearby decided to step off the dance floor as he was not in the mood to dance this music with the person he was with.  He took his date to the side and ordered drinks.  Once he got his drink he looked out to the dance floor.

He nearly choked on his drink, when he saw Ji Hyo slow dancing with another man.  Jealousy creeped up on him when he saw the man holding her tight.  When the music stopped, the guy escorted Ji Hyo back to her friends.  She introduced him to her friends and they had a few drinks together before hitting the dance floor again.  Her friends ended up hooking up with some of the guys in the club.  They were too busy with the guys they were with to even notice the drama that was to unfold between Ji Hyo and Kang Gary.

Gary was so busy looking at Ji Hyo that he had forgotten about his date.  He apologized for his rude behavior and asked her to dance again.  He was careful not to bump into Ji Hyo when he was on the dance floor with his date.  As he was dancing he would look over Ji Hyo's direction here and there to see what she was doing. 

After awhile, the guy wanted to get a breath of fresh air since it was very crowded and hot inside.  He took Ji Hyo outside.  Gary's date at this time excused herself to go to the ladies room.  When Gary saw Ji Hyo and the guy step outside, he was fuming.  He started to head in their direction when Kwang Soo who was watching from a distance stepped forward. 

"Hyung, don't go out there."

"Kwang Soo, what are you doing here?!"

"Ji Hyo asked me to go out with her and her friends tonight."

"I have to go outside," Gary said.

"No hyung...don't do it."

Kwang Soo could not stop Gary from going outside.  When Gary went outside, he saw the guy put his arms around Ji Hyo and kiss her.  He was just about to break it up when Kwang Soo grabbed hold of him and brought him back inside.