Chapter Sixty Two: Rehearsal Dinner

The day of the wedding was just around the corner. Hyun Ki just learned how to stand up and walk. Gary and Ji Hyo made him the ring bearer. Ji Hyo's younger brother would help his nephew bring the rings to the alter.

Prior to the big day, Gary and Ji Hyo planned a very elegant wedding rehearsal dinner party, where they invited a few celebrity friends, including cast members from Running Man and Emergency Couple, several people who Gary is very close with in the music industry and many of their immediate family members.

Gary wore a nice black suit for the occasion with a turquoise tie to match Ji Hyo's outfit. Ji Hyo donned on a beautiful off the shoulder, sleeveless, a little below knee length, pencil shape, light turquoise blue, silk, chiffon dress. She had her hair up, with a few strands hanging down from the side. She wore the heart necklace, Gary gave her earlier when their son was born. They also brought their adorable son with them. He was wearing a matching little suit with turquoise tie, just like his daddy. They booked three rooms for three two nights, so Ji Hyo's parents and Gary's parents can rest after the party, instead of taking the long drive home. Also, it was for Hyun Ki, in case he gets tired and wants to sleep early. Ji Hyo's mom could take him upstairs and let him rest in the hotel room.

The engagement party was held at the Westin Chusan in Busan. The happy couple had given their friends weeks in advance where they were going to hold the wedding rehearsal dinner party. The reception hall where the dinner was going to be held had several large windows that overlooked the ocean.

One by one the guest starting arriving at the hotel. Everyone was elated to be invited to such a beautiful occasion. The atmosphere inside the reception hall was full of love and warmth from friends, family and loved ones. Gary and Ji Hyo couldn't be any happier then they were tonight. Who could ask for anything more when you have your family and friends wish you all the happiness in the world on such a joyous occasion, guests enjoying fine food and endless drinks and having a gorgeous place to celebrate such a momentous event. The guests really enjoyed taking their drinks to the window to admire the beautiful city lights. It was such a spectacular evening. Everyone was having a wonderful time, eating, drinking and chatting. Soon it was time to make a toast to the happy couple.

The cast of Running Man were the first guests to lift up their glasses to the happy couple. Kim Jong Kook said it eloquently, "if it wasn't for the variety show, you two would never had met and now here you are...toast to the Monday Couple...may their continued love always bring joy and happiness to their life always."

Next, the singers got together and made another toast to the happy couple. Toast to Gary, hyung and Ji Hyo, noona...the two most deserving couple in the world....may your love continue to grow as the years pass on...To Kang Gary and Song Ji Hyo!"

Last toast was made by South Korea's most beloved MC, Yoo Jae Suk.

"Gary-ah..and Ace Ji Hyo...you have gone through so much since you came out as a real couple, endured many sad and terrifying moments to one of sheer joy and happiness...you two have shared so much unforgettable moments together...it's hard to fathom how many of those moments became so surreal...but here you are together, each devoting your love for each other, sharing your lives, respecting one another's qualities and most importantly sticking by each other through good times or bad...for everything you had gone through throughout your times together, we, your friends, family and loved ones give you all our heartful blessings that you may live your lives as harmoniously and blissfully as you are living it now....to our beloved Monday Couple, Kang Gary and Song Ji Hyo....we love you both very, very much!"

Yoo Jae Suk's toast brought tears to everyone in the room. Gary and Ji Hyo were so touch by all the toasts that were given in their honor. Most especially from their dearest friend, Jae Suk, hyung. They went over to him and gave him such a big hug, that even Jae Suk started to shed tears of his own. Jae Suk then asked the two young people to stand in the middle of the room and hug each other. Gary and Ji Hyo no longer had to hide their feelings for one another, so in front of their friends, family and loved ones, they got over their shyness and hugged each other tightly in the center of the room. Their hug was followed by a chant started by Lee Kwang Soo, "kiss, kiss, kiss your future bride!" Feeling the pressure of the crowd, Gary had no choice by to abide by their wishes. He looked at Ji Hyo before making the bold move in front of the people they love. To his surprise, it was Ji Hyo who made the first move and came up to him and gave him the biggest kiss ever in front of everyone they cared about. They could hear loud cheers and clapping in the background. The guests were thrilled at such a surprised move from shy Ji Hyo. The kiss was not only passionate but long lasting as well. By the time, they stopped kissing each other, they were both of breath.