Chapter Fourty One: Tragedy

Gary and Ji Hyo, now an official couple spent a very romantic evening together.  They couldn't be happier about their relationship.  Unfortunately, they would have to continue keeping their relationship a secret as they are still working on the same variety show together.  According to their contract, they are prohibited from dating each other.  So they would have to continue meeting secretly for the time being.

Gary extended their stay to Sunday night.  After spending a glorious weekend together, he had a limo pick up Ji Hyo and take her home. 

Now that they are officially a couple, they felt they needed to confide to the one person who knew about their relationship from the beginning.  They contacted Kwang Soo to have dinner with them at Gary's restaurant.  Kwang Soo was so happy to hear that they had made it official.  He made a promise to them that he would continue to keep their relationship a secret as to not jeopardize their jobs.  Ji Hyo and Gary thanked Kwang Soo for being such a dear friend to both of them.

Though they were a couple, they continued to work professionally not letting their new found relationship interfere with their careers.  When they had a chance to get away from their busy and hectic schedule, Gary would plan romantic getaways for them to be together.  Ji Hyo loved how Gary was so attentive to her and meticulous he was on planning those romantic rendezvous to be together as a couple.  Her love for Gary grew stronger each passing day.

Gary felt his life was now complete.  After all the pursuing and heartaches, he finally won over Ji Hyo's heart.  To him, going through the ups and downs of trying to make their relationship work was worth it because now he has captured her heart.  Ji Hyo also felt the same way about Gary.  Throughout their tumultuous relationship, in the end, love conquered all and now they are together.  Life was great.

Part of Gary's job as a rap singer was to promote his music, so he traveled a lot.  On one of his promotional tours, Gary flew to Macau to do a charity performance at a local town.  He told Ji Hyo that he was going to be out of town for a couple of days and that when he returns he will set aside some time for them to be together.  Ji Hyo wished him a safe flight and that she looked forward to meeting up with him once he arrives home.

The flight was scheduled to arrive in Macau at 7 in the morning.  Gary promised Ji Hyo that he would call her once he landed.  Ji Hyo was never to receive that call.  At 6 am, the flight Gary was on was experiencing electrical problems.  The wheel of the plane malfunctioned and the pilot could not get the doors to open for the wheels to come down.  The pilot signaled the tower that they would have to belly land the plane once they arrive at the airport. He then calmly informed the passengers of the situation and told them to prepare for an emergency landing. 

They were near the airport and the pilot, who was extremely nervous, prepared to land the plane.  Their was such a tense atmosphere in the airport tower and in the plane.  As the plane got closer to the ground, the people in the plane began to pray that they would make it safely. 

When the plane landed on the ground, it skidded on the runway.  You could see giant sparks of light from underneath the plane.  There was chaos in the plane, including people screaming and the overhead luggage compartments bursting out causing various bags to crash down on the passengers head.

The pilot was able to stop the plane from skidding off the run way and plunging into the ocean.  During the sudden jerk, a stewardess was buried underneath the rolling serving cart.  She was drenched with various carbonated and alcoholic liquids.  The drenched yet bloody and bruised stewardess managed to get up and manually open the doors and evacuated the passengers off the plane.  A bus caravaned the passengers to the airport terminal.  Gary was eager to let Ji Hyo know what happened and to tell her that he was okay.