epilogue

(1 year later)

I dragged my feet down the hallways and entered my class like 3 hours late.

"Late again, Jihyun. I'll see you after school for a detention." I heard Mrs. Lee said.

I ignored her and went to my seat. I looked at the empty seat next to me and stared at it unemotionally.

'This was his seat. He was my partner. But he's gone. It been a year since he left this world.'

"Jihyun."

'Huh? Why can I hear his voice...'

I looked up and saw him, smiling at me, "Jeongguk! You're alive!"

"Of course, why would I leave my girlfriend alone? I must protect her at all cost." He said.

I smiled and hugged him, "I thought you were actually gone. I knew you weren't. I knew you would come back." I hugged him tightly, "I'm never letting you go, ever again."

"But you're squeezing me.." I heard Taehyung said.

I looked at him and let go, "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I saw you looking sad and depressed. I wanted to come over here and cheer you up. I didn't know you would hug me." He said.

"Sorry, I actually thought you were Jeongguk.. I think I might be hallucinating things."

"It's okay and you're not the only one. I sometime think Jeongguk is still with us. But in reality, he's not."

I sighed and looked at the window. It was raining. I rested my head on my hand and stared at the rain, "Yeah... he's not. He's gone forever..."

I heard him sighed, "Wanna ditch school together with the rest?" He asked.

I looked over at him and gave him a puzzled look, "We need to have fun. I don't want any of us to look all sad and shit for the rest of our life. I want us to be normal again."

I thought about it for a moment before nodding my head, "Yeah, fuck school. Lets go and have fun at the zoo." I said before getting up.

He also got up and grabbed my wrist, "Let's goooo!!"

We ran out of the classroom. I heard the teacher yelling at us, but we ignored her and ran out of the building.

"I told the rest of guys to meet us at the zoo." He said before pushing me inside of his car.

Without letting me say anything, he shut the door and ran over to the other side. He opened the door and got in. He closed it and started the engine.

He stepped on the gas pedal and started driving away. I rolled down the window and stuck my head out. I let the raindrops fall onto my face as the wind blew straight to my face.

I smiled and enjoyed the ride. We arrived and entered the zoo. I saw Hoseok and Jimin waving at us.

I waved back and ran to them, "Hey guys." I said.

"Hi." They all said.

"Sooo, where should we go first?" Jimin asked.

"To the lions!!!" Taehyung beamed.

"L-Lions? N-no, let's go and see giraffes first." Hoseok said.

"Awww, are you scared Hoseok?" I teased him.

"Hell no! I'm a brave man! I ain't no scared of lions." He said.

"Then lets go see the lions first~" I said about to walk away.