A Blue Dress

"You guys got everything?" Louis asked, looking from me to Eleanor.

I adjusted my scarf as Eleanor responded, "Yep."

Louis grinned. "Have fun."

I nodded and felt my stomach churn as Louis leaned in to kiss Eleanor. "Love you." He muttered once they pulled back.

I looked over to Harry, who was standing on the stairs. He gave me a knowing look, as if to say sorry.

Louis walked over to me and gave me a hug, kissing my cheek. "Love you NutMeg."

I pulled back and smiled. "Love you too."

Eleanor turned around to look at me. "Ready Meg?"

I nodded, and followed Eleanor out into the awaiting car. She walked over to the drivers side and I got into the passenger's side.

As we began driving Eleanor asked, "So how long have you and Louis known each other?"

I shrugged, turning my attention out the window. "As long as I can remember."

"He's amazing, isn't he?" Eleanor whispered, joy filling her voice.

I nodded. Yes, Louis was amazing. He was the most amazing boy that I knew. He was there for me through everything. Through bullies, through failing my History class, even through puberty.

Except for these last few years.

But I wasn't angry at him for being gone. In fact, I was proud of him. I wanted him to live out his dream, I wanted him to become that successful boy that everyone loved. I wanted him to be happy.

"So, tell me about yourself." Eleanor said. I could tell she was trying to make conversation. She obviously didn't want us to be enemies, and for that I liked her.

But she had stolen Louis.

I shrugged. "What do you want to know?"

Eleanor laughed. "I have no idea!"

I smiled. This girl was a lot like Louis. She had that same everything-can-be-fixed-with-humour attitude that Louis had, she was kind, she was considerate.

It was hard to dislike Eleanor. I really wanted to hate her, but for some reason I couldn't. She was one of those girls that are so perfect that you want to hate them for it, but you can't.

Maybe I needed to come on at a different angle? Instead of trying to get back at Eleanor, I could befriend her. I could make Louis see how kind and supportive I was. Maybe.

Yeah.

"Here we are!" Eleanor announced cheerfully, pulling into a large mall.

She parked, and we got out, walking through the automatic doors.

I looked around, filling the mall was every store that you could think of. There was Topshop, Hollister, even a store dedicated just to Toms. It was huge.

Let me just add that I don't actually know the stores in Britain very well(:

"So, miss Meg." Eleanor turned to me. "Where do you want to go first?"

I looked around until my eyes locked on a store with the wordsUrban Outfitters sketched across the top.

"Let's go there!" I pointed towards the store.

Eleanor laughed and grabbed my wrist, happily pulling me over. We walked in and were immediately met by the brightly coloured clothing that the store had to offer.

"Oh my gosh!" Eleanor squealed, picking up a pair of brown boots. "These are so adorable!"

I looked at the boots. They were dark brown, with laces going up the front. They really were cute.

"Yeah they are!" I returned, running my hands over the toe of the shoe.

Eleanor found her size, clutching the box in her hands as we made our way to another part of the store.

I pulled out a dress and looked at it, smiling. It was absolutely adorable. It was light blue, with a sweetheart neckline and white lace holding up the top.

Eleanor grinned at me. "You need to try that on."

My smile grew larger and I nodded, pulling the dress off the rack and draping it over my arm.

We continued looking around until we were finished, then walked to the dressing rooms.

"Show me the dress!" Eleanor shouted over the door.

"I will once I get it on!" I yelled back, pulling the blue dress over my head.

"Ready?" I called once I was finished.

I heard Eleanor open her door, and I assumed she was outside. I walked out, grinning at her.

Eleanor's eyes went wide. "That's adorable!"

I nodded my head. "I know, I think I'm going to get it."

"You should."

I walked back into the little room and looked at my reflection. The dress was beautiful, it hugged my curves perfectly and flaunted my good parts.

I walked back out to an awaiting Eleanor. "Let's check out."

We continued shopping until we could barely walk. Each of us holding dozens of bags. Eleanor was a great shopping partner, she knew exactly what would go with what and what colors matched.

When we finally got back home the boys were waiting on the couch watching a movie. When we came in their eyes shot up, and Louis and Harry grinned when they saw us.

"How was it?" Louis asked.

Eleanor beamed. "Great. Meg is a wonderful shopping partner."

I smiled. "So what are you guys doing?"

"We're.." Louis started, but was interrupted by the phone ringing.

Oooh. Why did the phone ring?

That was uneventful. The next chapter will be better(: