Chapter Five

"Lisanna!" Juvia, Levy, Erza, and Lucy burst into my room.

"Yikes!" I yipped, tossing the magazine I had been reading into the air. Erza caught it as it fell back down and put it on my dresser. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Mira said your birthday dinner was going to be blown out of the water, and that everyone had to dress up," Levy smiled.

"Including you," Juvia came over and took my hand, pulling me off my bed.

They lead me down stairs to Mira's living room where they had set up. Three racks of dresses were set in a half hexagon shape, a display of jewelry were laid out too. Boxes of shoes were stacked under the display and bags of makeup beside them.

"You guys," I giggled. "You didn't have to do all of this for me."

"Well, it's been a while since you've had the freedom of being with your friends. It's the least we could do for you," Lucy said. "Also, we wanted you to look perfect for your night, especially when Mira told us you were trying to impress someone," she winked.

My face turned red. "Did she tell you any names?"

"No, just that it was someone who was attending. Let me guess, is it Freed?" Levy wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Ew, what? No!" I gagged, grabbing my stomach carefully. We all started laughing at that and began this make over.

"Oooh, Lisanna! What about this dress?" Juvia pulled out a sun dress that was yellow with white polka dots.

"That's to casual, Mira would kill us if she walked in with that on," Erza said, shaking her head.

"What about this?" Levy revealed a green, extremely tight dress. It looked like it would only go maybe half an inch past my underwear line.

"Definitely not! That's stripper short, Levy," Lucy sighed.

"What's wrong with strippers?" Levy put her hand on her hip.

"Nothing, but we don't need to dress Lisanna up as one for her birthday dinner."

"I guess," Levy huffed. "It goes down to my knees when I wear it," she mumbled under her breath.

"Thank you, Levy, but I don't think green is my color. I bet it looks beautiful on you, though," I tried to cheer her up a little.

"Aw, you're too nice. Gajeel bought it for me when we visited the beach."

"That's great, I'm so happy for you guys!"

Levy blushed and I couldn't help but giggle.

"Oh my god, this has to be it!" Lucy squeaked, showing off her choice. It was made of light violet fabric and looked like a ball gown that a princess would wear, corset and everything. It had long, white lace sleeves, each sleeve having a hole for a thumb.

"It's amazing," I whispered, stunned that they they had such an amazing dress.

"Ahh!! Lisanna, you have to wear it!" Juvia jumped up and down, clapping her hands.

"Lisanna, if you don't wear this dress, I will wear it but it won't look as good on me as it would on you," Erza said.

"Screw my green dress, that one is way better!" Levy tossed her dress aside.

"I love it," I couldn't stop smiling. "Can you guys help me put it on?"

After the struggle of trying to tie the corset, finding matching shoes, jewelry, styling hair, and trying to cover up all the unwanted marks, I stood in front of the mirror speechless. The dress fit my body perfectly, making me look busty but not too revealing. The skirt hovered right over my white, two inch heels so they weren't hidden under all the layers. I had a silver ring, that had a heart shaped diamond embedded in it, on my right middle finger. My hair was slightly curled and a white flower clip, that matched the one on my violet choker, pulled one side out of my eyes. My face was layered with concealer and highlights, along with a pale pink lipgloss and long lashes. A darker tan was used for eye shadow.