Chapter Eight

"Don't slip," Bickslow called up.

"I won't," I said, painting the wall. Every member that was in town was helping to fix up the guild hall. Once a year or so we take a day to deep clean and repair anything we can. Bickslow and I were given the task of painting the east side wall. "Just don't shake the ladder."

"I would never dream of it."

I must say, over the past week, Bickslow and I have gotten really comfortable around each other. A day hasn't passed that we haven't hung out. And Natsu hasn't been a concern either, neither of us has approached the other since the dinner. I heard he was planning on taking Lucy on a "job request" but in reality it would be a get away.

A get away from me seems more like it. What if Bickslow and I went on a get away vacation?

"Watch out bellow!" Someone from the roof yelled. I looked up to see a bucket plummeting down right above me.

I screamed, tumbling off the ladder. I was falling, this was it. This is where my life ends, it wasn't at the hand of Hibiki, I didn't get my happy ending, I-

"Lisanna."

I opened my squinted eyelids, taking everything in.

"I'm not dead... I'm not dead!" I cheered, hugging my savior. "Thank you."

Their arms, which I could tell were Bickslow's, brought my body closer to their's. "You're welcome."

"Are you guys alright down there?" Gajeel and Gray looked down.

"We're alright, watch where you drop your stuff!" Bickslow responded.

"Sorry!"

"You ok?" Bickslow's breath warmed the top of my head.

"I will be if we stay like this." The heat that rushed to his face radiated off of him.

"Am I allowed to intervene?" Natsu's voice flooded my ears. I tensed up, but looked in his direction. "I just need to borrow Lisanna for a few minutes."

"Can Bickslow come with?" I asked, being put back on the ground.

"I think it would be best if he didn't."

"Go on ahead, I will be here when you return," he put his hand on the small of my back. Now it was my turn to blush. Nodding, I followed Natsu into the hall.

"Bickslow, huh?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't pretend like nothing is going on there. I see how he looks at you, and you at him."

"Stalker much?"

"I like the term observer. But I must say you moved on pretty quick."

"Well it's not like I'm going to let myself get hung up on you. If you don't share the same feelings, then there's no point in pursuing you."

"So he is just here to get your mind off of me? A replacement?"

"I didn't say that! He is helping me get back to a more stable state, it's not like you were much help."

"Well, I hope you two work out. Master wanted me to take you to the infirmary to get your stitches removed."

I decided not to answer. He seemed to be in a mood, I don't know why he seemed so bitter. He was the one who turned me down that night, he has no reason to act this way towards me.

Master was waiting for me when we arrived. Porlyusica was also there, smiling. Since we've grown up, she has come to tolerate us more. It could also be because she is getting older, but she seems a lot nicer than when Master first introduced us.

"Thank you, Natsu. You can go back to your chores," Master dismissed him. With that, Natsu was gone and I was relieved.

"Good morning, Lisanna," Porlyusica waved.

"Good morning, Ms. Porlyusica."

"Could you lie down for me and show me those stitches?"

After they were removed, she checked all the other serious injuries. My arm, which had been strained showed no bad signs, and the bite marks and bruises were healing nicely. My black eye had disappeared and I was starting to look more like myself. I was given more lotion for the scar and a new bandage.

I thanked her before going off to find Bickslow. He was sitting at one of outdoor tables chugging a bottle of water.

"Look," I lifted my shirt to reveal the new bandage. "They removed my stitches."

"Hey, that's great!" He patted my head. "What was so bad that I couldn't join?"

"Ugh, Natsu was being an ass. It wasn't anything serious."

"Do you want me to tell him to leave you alone?"

"No, it's ok. If it continues please do, but I don't want to start drama." He didn't look convinced. Some how gaining all this courage, I leaned down and kissed his cheek. "But thank you for worrying about me."

His whole body had turned a deep shade of red. "Lisanna, what are we?"

"I'm not sure yet, but I hope we stay like this for a while."

"Me too." He rubbed the palms of his hands around his eyes. "We should get back to work."

"Ok."

Yikes, really short chapter. Next one will be a long one, and of course being me I always have to add more drama. Thanks ashl321 for some ideas for up coming chapters!! (Sorry, you're going to hate me for doing this..) I hope you enjoy!!